Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Hi Ingo!!!! My system is winxp sp3 32bit, same behaviour on all vsthosts, and dsnt matter vst2 or vst3 works as same aslo, all user arp patterns using the 1st part's setting (in the gui editable on all parts, but using the 1st's edits), the preset arps (1-15) and the arp pattern lenght setting works independently well on all parts.
And iwant to notice also at 48khz the plug is not the best sounding(high freq domain aliasing if using xtreme settings on the modulations etc.), from 88khz sounds like a dream, so a global setting to set internal oversampling rate is can be very usefull 4 all of us. and limiting the very high notes (limit oscillator bandwith) like on microQ also needed to avoid counting xtreme high notes :) but ican live with that....

Tuth wrote:Hi Ingo!!!! My system is winxp sp3 32bit, same behaviour on all vsthosts, and dsnt matter vst2 or vst3 works as same aslo, all user arp patterns using the 1st part's setting (in the gui editable on all parts, but using the 1st's edits), the preset arps (1-15) and the arp pattern lenght setting works independently well on all parts.
And iwant to notice also at 48khz the plug is not the best sounding(high freq domain aliasing if using xtreme settings on the modulations etc.), from 88khz sounds like a dream, so a global setting to set internal oversampling rate is can be very usefull 4 all of us. and limiting the very high notes (limit oscillator bandwith) like on microQ also needed to avoid counting xtreme high notes :) but ican live with that....
Hi,

if i understood you problem properly you try to use different user Arp patterns with different layers in Largo and Parts 2-4 use the same pattern as Part 1. Is this right?

Will try to check this.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

yes! pls set to "user" all the arp patterns, because factory patterns works well. and try edit.

Tuth wrote:yes! pls set to "user" all the arp patterns, because factory patterns works well. and try edit.
I guess i got it but currently try to find a procedure to replicate and/or notice this easily.

Indeed no probems with the factory/preset patterns.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I can confirm user patterns not working for parts 2-4 - whatever accent/length/timing and step selection you select, it doesn't work - it takes on from part 1 arp.

Also I think I can confirm this too:

http://www.waldorf-music.info/kunena-en ... tor-broken

Both in Blofeld v1.22 and Largo.

Using Sonar X3 64 under Windows 8.1 64, neither 64-bit VST3 1.5.2 RC1 or RC2 Largo respond to Pressure (channel aftertouch). However, 32-bit VST2 1.5.1 Largo in the same project with the same preset loaded does respond to Pressure. Does anyone know if this is a configuration issue or a bug?

ChristopherMoyse wrote:Using Sonar X3 64 under Windows 8.1 64, neither 64-bit VST3 1.5.2 RC1 or RC2 Largo respond to Pressure (channel aftertouch). However, 32-bit VST2 1.5.1 Largo in the same project with the same preset loaded does respond to Pressure. Does anyone know if this is a configuration issue or a bug?
Can't confirm that on Mac - the VST64 is responding to aftertouch for me - have you tried in any other Win hosts?

aMUSEd wrote:
ChristopherMoyse wrote:Using Sonar X3 64 under Windows 8.1 64, neither 64-bit VST3 1.5.2 RC1 or RC2 Largo respond to Pressure (channel aftertouch). However, 32-bit VST2 1.5.1 Largo in the same project with the same preset loaded does respond to Pressure. Does anyone know if this is a configuration issue or a bug?
Can't confirm that on Mac - the VST64 is responding to aftertouch for me - have you tried in any other Win hosts?
Aftertouch/Pressure seems to work properly with VST2 64-bit in Cubase 7.5.20 64-bit on Windows 7 64-bit. Same with Live 9.1.3 64-bit.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Aftertouch/Pressure seems to work properly with VST2 64-bit in Cubase 7.5.20 64-bit on Windows 7 64-bit. Same with Live 9.1.3 64-bit.
OK hang on - there is something up with the AT response for the VST3 in Studio One 2.6 too - so this may be a VST3 issue (this on Mac)

Tested now with the AU too - AT not working in that either! So it is only working properly with the VST2

aMUSEd wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
OK hang on - there is something up with the AT response for the VST3 in Studio One 2.6 too - so this may be a VST3 issue (this on Mac)

Tested now with the AU too - AT not working in that either! So it is only working properly with the VST2
Confirmed with 64-bit VST3 in Cubase 7.5.20 64-bit on Windows 7 64-bit.
So on Windows it seems to work with VST2 but not with VST3.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Here's a video I sent to the beta list long ago, Logic X 64bit Largo, I have a few saved but here's 2 of them now that it seems Waldorf beta test is now a public thing.

- Crashed within seconds
- Preset Saved but was greyed out when trying to reload
- Init program issue
- LFO 2 bug assign it to pitch LFO2 works until you select LFO*Pressure to the pitch

See video (reported ages ago) on mac

http://www.screencast.com/users/rob_lee ... 3426201913

That clock delay might be fixed I'm not sure but here:

http://www.screencast.com/users/rob_lee ... b9db47791c

I'll sort more out at some point when I have time, maybe some are fixed (I think the FX Delay values) were fixed.

I was testing on 64bit AU back in may 2014 when these were reported but have no idea whether were fixed or not.

edit
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

This is from Facebook, changelog for RC2:
- Timing problem on Mac/OSX solved

Does this mean that the arp sync problem should be solved?

It's still there tho, nothing has changed for me.

How do I know for sure I'm running RC2 btw? I deleted the RC1 plugin files before install, but I'd like to make sure reading it from somewhere.

Robmobius wrote:For me on maveriks OSX, all I did was update the licenser and it installed fine after it. :)
+1

Thank you for this!

Return to “Instruments”