LIVE9.1.4beta - PDC issue

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This explains the other type of latency (not pdc).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSgY8q2gz3k

codec_spurt wrote:
hibidy wrote:I use a really low latency. Maybe it helps.
Not really.

The PDC thing is relative. If a certain plugin needs say 10ms of latency then all the other plugins will be delayed by that amount when you hit play. The more plugins that have latency the more it adds up. You could have 0 latency on your setup, but that one plugin that needs a bit of look ahead time is going to throw everything else out of whack. And to confuse things more it is the automation that is affected.

They are two different things anyway (the latency and pdc). One is the latency between the plugins and the host (and how the host compensates for differences in different plugins). The other is the latency between the host and the system (which is determined by your soundcard and how fast a cpu you have etc.).

I think. Maybe I got that totally wrong. If so, do explain...

I've not noticed the problem either really, except for sometimes when I listen back to a render it is all over the f**king shop. I thought I was going mad. But now I know what it is. Still having difficulty understanding it in real world terms though. Even when it is explained to me like here -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbFzRTZT8Q8

Most of the time it doesn't affect me, but I wish they would sort it out once and for all.
I haven't watch the other one, but can I just say I'd NEVER do that! I mean, you shouldn't BE adding those plugs to a track anyways.

No, I get it, the abe's PDC issue needs to be resolved and I have run into a few latency issues (even if the plug is off) but I'd NEVER go to those extremes :shrug:

And Live add up output latency every time you add a plugin. I don't have this unique behavior in other hosts.

tooneba wrote:And Live add up output latency every time you add a plugin. I don't have this unique behavior in other hosts.
For Live 9.1
Path latency total= VST count per path*audio buffer size.

For Live 8.4
Path latency total= VST count per path*(32/64/128/256/512samples or audio buffer size).

As you can see Live 8.4 can provide lower latency than Live 9.1
Still working on Live 8 and don't want to switch to Live 9 because of latency issue

tooneba wrote:And Live add up output latency every time you add a plugin. I don't have this unique behavior in other hosts.
What on earth are you talking about? This kind of information is ridiculous..

I can add 1000 EQs or 500 synths and there will be no latency "latency every time you add a plugin". :dog:

If i add plugin which introduces a latency (such as Nebula or UAD or specific EQ etc..) - THERE WILL BE LATENCY - obviously since plugin is adding it. And no host can do ANYTHING about it (apart from aligning delayed channel with the rest of the tracks by delaying everything else to align with that which added latency - to be in sync)..But then again your freakin master bus is delayed like in every goddamn DAW..It's called PDC and is working in Ableton like in every other host. There is different issue with Ableton PDC. It's more of visual thing. But anyway...

Latency will be there no matter you use Ableton or Cubase or Reaper or any other earth host.

What? Are you going to tell me that Cubase or every other host is "seeing" in to the future therefore they don't add up latency of a plugin which causes it in the first place?

I was under assumption that people reading KVR does understand fundamental things of music application or earth physics itself..

krandr wrote:
For Live 9.1

For Live 8.4
Path latency total= VST count per path*(32/64/128/256/512samples or audio buffer size).

Still working on Live 8 and don't want to switch to Live 9 because of latency issue
And here we go again...If you think option for live 9.1 is wrong then i guess whole DAW industry is wrong, law of physic is wrong and you are really right....i guess you are kind of people which still claim that windows 98 was last "perfect" OS Microsoft ever made..

oh well....

kmonkey wrote: And here we go again...If you think option for live 9.1 is wrong then i guess whole DAW industry is wrong, law of physic is wrong and you are really right....i guess you are kind of people which still claim that windows 98 was last "perfect" OS Microsoft ever made..

oh well....
Sorry, just want to say that there is a downgrade in the Live 9.
Latency is very critical for me, especially when I'm playing and recording midi patterns.

kmonkey wrote: What on earth are you talking about? This kind of information is ridiculous..
There are already threads about this. You can find in H&A forum...

krandr wrote:
For Live 9.1

For Live 8.4

Nice specific info.

hibidy wrote:I haven't watch the other one, but can I just say I'd NEVER do that! I mean, you shouldn't BE adding those plugs to a track anyways.
This is the stupidest thing I've read in a long while.

Firstly - you should be able to add any plugin you want to a track, and not have to worry about the timing. It's not conducive to making music when you have to worry about the maths of how many samples latency you need to offset the automation by to make it do what you want. I just want the automation to be where I place it on the grid.

Secondly, please stop shouting. There's no need to use capitals in the middle of a sentence, and it didn't even make any sense the way you did it.

You know, he is Live fanboy and his posts are usually toxic. Take with a pinch of salt...

n/m, a drive by is a drive by
Last edited by hibidy on Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tooneba wrote:You know, he is Live fanboy and his posts are usually toxic. Take with a pinch of salt...
Wow.

Edit, I went back over some of your post and indeed it is you who is toxic.

hibidy wrote:
tooneba wrote:You know, he is Live fanboy and his posts are usually toxic. Take with a pinch of salt...
Wow.
:dog: :hihi:

Hibidy, you're a Live fanboy? Could have fooled me with all the pages and pages of history of thread about various hosts, asking questions so you could better understand what to use and make informed choices. Not to mention the bit of host whoring you've done :hihi: Was that S1 to Live and some other hosts in between?

You seriously have to work on staying loyal otherwise it just seems like people are throwing around the word "fanboy" for no reason. And we all know we don't want them to feel bad about word choice. :hihi:

Wow indeed.

MEH, EDITED (oh wait, am I shouting????? )

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”