Softube Tonelux Tilt - thoughts or alternatives?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LGK_Dude wrote:
I personally choose not to support sonimus given their business practices (no demo versions + no refunds if I dont like it = no purchase). I could understand no demo versions if they allowed for license transfers or refunds, but there is no way I'm going to support a company with policies like that!
They do allow for license transfers. But they charge 20% of the plugin price(s) for it.

I´ve bought Britson the other day and have sold it because I didn´t like it. Went for 20 $, so that´s ~19 $ thrown down the drain. :?

The support is absolutely lame. Which is a shame, because they do offer great products. Sweetone for example is an amazing plugin imho!

murnau wrote:Image
where's the ugliest plugin gui thread again? :hihi:
I couldn't resist and put my own twist to it :D
It's easy if you know how

I since won T-Bone in a competition. So yeah, it was free for me.

Anyway, I have both T-Bone and Tonelux Tilt.

I'd highly recommend T-Bone if you haven't checked it out yet.

It's a superb Plug-in with a great feature set.
Tonelux Tilt is starting to look really dated by comparison (imho).
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

That is great, I believe it is a great tool. Unfortunately I couldn't afford it even with an introductory discount, but at least I can use my own GUI for Tilty Wilty :)

lesha wrote:That is great, I believe it is a great tool. Unfortunately I couldn't afford it even with an introductory discount, but at least I can use my own GUI for Tilty Wilty :)
That GUI looks like a beauty. :)

Aloysius wrote:
lesha wrote:That is great, I believe it is a great tool. Unfortunately I couldn't afford it even with an introductory discount, but at least I can use my own GUI for Tilty Wilty :)
That GUI looks like a beauty. :)
Thanks a lot, it's not finished yet, I still have a couple of things to fix. :)

Wow! That's one of the nicest GUI's i've seen :tu:

Just reviving this thread as I`ve only discovered how useful tilt EQing is.

For ages I have been using Gliss EQ 2 as my first port of call for all EQing. My assumption being that having a spectrum analyser can only help with making EQ decisions. Mixed with that advice I`d read to go for EQ cuts over boosts as a rule. The trouble was that I always seemed to end up with `smiley face` mixes in the end with exagerated highs and lows with too much of the mid range scooped out where I had done a lot of my cuts. This, even while using reference tracks.

Finally I try some tilt EQing and it completely changes the approach! Fantastic to get elements to sit forward or back in a mix and quickly move onto the next track. Once all tracks are sitting better, then go in with corrective or more precise enhancing EQ with another tool. The separation of general tone control form corrective/enhancment EQ really stops me painting myself into a corner. Also its so simple to bring something forward or back in a mix later with the tilt EQ later and quickly AB those differences.

I went for Tonelux Tilt in the end as I like the modelling on it, and something feels quite right to me about using the plug. The high and low shelves are useful too and it has a nice low CPU hit --though thats generally not a problem with tilts!. I did try the PA elysia niveau filter, but the GUI takes about 5 seconds to appear on my PC. Also tried the Plug and Mix `Deluxe Tilt`, but that was a bit more vanilla and the extra stuff on the Tonelux made it worth the extra here. Boz unfortunately has no demo currently but I emailed and they say that there should be one in the future, so I`ll keep my eye out. Also have the free Tal USE installed for a different option.

TLDR: If you scoop your mids too much give tilt EQing a go :)

4tune wrote:...

Finally I try some tilt EQing and it completely changes the approach! Fantastic to get elements to sit forward or back in a mix and quickly move onto the next track. Once all tracks are sitting better, then go in with corrective or more precise enhancing EQ with another tool. The separation of general tone control form corrective/enhancment EQ really stops me painting myself into a corner. Also its so simple to bring something forward or back in a mix later with the tilt EQ later and quickly AB those differences....)
Seems like good solid advice. :)

Really has been a revelation here and keeps in check my constant tendency towards chiseling individual sounds too much. I saw someone on a similar thread on gearslutz referring to some EQing problems as `whac-a-mole`, which pretty much summed up my problem. Over-corrective EQ messing with tone on one sound, and up pops another problem immediatly on another track. In the end everything is scooped Fletcher-Munson style as that becomes the best sound you can get to/ are drawn to.

Still early days with the change in approach but, the improvement appears consistant across different projects, and when returning to older ones, which is always a good sign with this audio stuff! :)

Just to add one to the topic, Tiltshift by Goodhertz is great!

Twrogstudio wrote:Just to add one to the topic, Tiltshift by Goodhertz is great!
Plus 1 to this. It's my favorite.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Twrogstudio wrote:Just to add one to the topic, Tiltshift by Goodhertz is great!
I may have to fill out their format survey to support some windows porting, after having a browse at the site. That Vulf Compressor looks a lot of fun too from the youtube vid!

lesha wrote:I couldn't resist and put my own twist to it :D
Is this GUI available somewhere ?
It sure looks great !

sinkmusic wrote:Is this GUI available somewhere ?
It sure looks great !
I am not sure if I can share this with other people, I would be happy to share it if it is OK with the dev.

Return to “Effects”