Synth1 ver1.13 beta3 for Windows

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Synth1

Ver1.13 beta3 (2014 July 10)
BugFix
-Fixed a problem that program name list is empty display if you add a synth1 instance after removing the synth1 on DAW(Reaper, etc.) .
-Fixed a problem that reg2ini.exe and initsetting.exe does not work on WindowsXP.
AZur Studio - Free soundset for VSTi
http://bji.yukihotaru.com/vst.html

Thanks a'lot. Nice to see this rapid development. :)

It would be great if KVR could organise some kind of escrow Paypal account to accept donations for Ichiro Toda for those times when the other middleman is missing in action.

overhishead wrote:It would be great if KVR could organise some kind of escrow Paypal account to accept donations for Ichiro Toda for those times when the other middleman is missing in action.
^^^^^This

It's definitely a worthy cause.

jezjez wrote:Re donations, in this post (from 4 years ago) http://synth1.bbs.coocan.jp/?m=listthre ... summary=on
he writes that he's grateful people are willing to donate but doesn't want to add a donation button because he's just doing it as a hobby and doesn't want to any feel pressure/responsibility

chilledpanda wrote:
sjm wrote:I think we'd all benefit from a proper translation rather than internet translator gobbledygook. Sure, it's better than nothing, but it's still gibberish.
Actually it's pretty good as Japanese to English translations go, better than some of the Janglish translations of consoles manuals (and that's from professional organisations like nintendo/sony and sega) I had to try and make sense of in the past.
That's the best definition of damning with faint praise ever :)

I've updated every version of Synth1 since 2006, and I've never had any problems with Synth1 finding my patches. But recently, after updating to the new Beta 3 version (I skipped x64 and Beta 2, waiting for stability reports) I'm getting an error dialog while trying to save patches:

"The patch file cannot be written.
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VSTplugins\Synth1 Beta3\Soundbank00\001.sy1
Check bank00 folder path setting"

All banks are in my Synth1 Beta3 folder within my DAW VST folder. Only the banks that were previously installed have this issue. New banks I added after the update work fine. I've checked (and re-pathed) all banks within Synth1's OPT screen (several times), and checked in detail the .INI file for correct file paths. And I've checked for any extraneous Synth1 files or patches or INI files throughout my computer HD. And I've run Advanced System Care to clear registry junk, as well as performed several logical processes including reinstalling Synth1 and rebooting and refreshing the computer, DAW, and VST in DAW track, etc. to clear this issue, but the situation remains.

I even reinstalled Synth1 with the factory banks intact, and the patch saving was fine! So I exchanged a few patches from MY versions of the factory banks (which were temporarily stored on the desktop) into those working factory banks within the Synth1 folder in VSTs, and those patches wouldn't save. And at every error prompt checking and/or resetting the folder paths in OPT screen and INI file.

It's like an engine where you remove the fuel, air, and spark, but the engine keeps running - and all you can do is stare at it and scratch your head!

I don't know if this is some bug with the new Beta3, or I'm missing some lost INI file or Synth1 folder, or time has finally taken it's ultimate toll on my brain! I'm stumped!

Dell i7, 16gb RAM, Windows 8.1, Cakewalk Sonar x3 standard, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface, with all recent updates, etc...

overhishead wrote:It would be great if KVR could organise some kind of escrow Paypal account to accept donations for Ichiro Toda for those times when the other middleman is missing in action.
If he wanted money, he would have asked for it by now....its been a long time. You cant force it on him.

Kriminal wrote:
If he wanted money, he would have asked for it by now....its been a long time. You cant force it on him.
Yes. And in Japan, China and Vietnam it is especially unrespectul to force someone to accept something that he doesn't want. Even by donation. Much more unrespectful than in Occident.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

AZZZ wrote:http://www.geocities.jp/daichi1969/softsynth/#down

Ver1.13 beta3 (2014.7.10)
BugFix
-Fixed a problem that program name list is empty display if you add a synth1 instance after removing the synth1 on DAW(Reaper, etc.) .
-Fixed a problem that reg2ini.exe and initsetting.exe does not work on WindowsXP.
Yeah! I wasn't crazy!

It´s fully working now. :D :party:

Thank you very much, Ichiro!

Dōmo arigatō gozaimas
どうもありがとうございました :tu:

(Edited: Thanks, BlackWinny :wink: )
Last edited by numerologia on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

numerologia wrote:
AZZZ wrote:http://www.geocities.jp/daichi1969/softsynth/#down

Ver1.13 beta3 (2014.7.10)
BugFix
Yeah! I wasn't crazy!

It´s fully working now. :D :party:

Thank you very much, Ichiro!

Dōmo arigatō
どうもありがとうございました :tu:
So, don't forget : Dōmo arigatō gozaimas which means ", indeed!" at the end of "Thank you".
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Not necessarily always meaning "indeed", in this particular case it shows GREAT thankfulness, not just a "regular level" of thanks. So it would be more like "thank you VERY MUCH". And it's usually romanized with u at the end, gozaimasu. :)

EvilDragon wrote:Not necessarily always meaning "indeed", in this particular case it shows GREAT thankfulness, not just a "regular level" of thanks. So it would be more like "thank you VERY MUCH". And it's usually romanized with u at the end, gozaimasu. :)
Yes. I simply removed the final u because it is not heard and here I tought that the most important was how it is pronounced than the strict romanization. But you're right,of course.

I hope one day Ichiro adds more wave shapes. Its been cool until now, but sometimes the shape you need is not there and too much work to approximate a sound.

The same can be said of LFO's. only two is a bit limiting.

I hope in the future he adds all this.

Cheers.

Kel wrote:I hope one day Ichiro adds more wave shapes. Its been cool until now, but sometimes the shape you need is not there and too much work to approximate a sound.

The same can be said of LFO's. only two is a bit limiting.

I hope in the future he adds all this.

Cheers.
I think that it is well as it is. Wanting to add new features like these could lead to new problems, and could be the end of the story if appears new flaws or big issues. As it is now, Synth1 is already quite complex. We don't imagine when we are simply users... but add a new feature to a product can be for the developer much more difficult that we think, because it is not simply like add a new cube to a Lego construction. Everything must be revised, notably concerning the management of the memory, the modulations, the accuracy of the elements, the latency, etc.

I approve Ichiro if he doesn't want to add any new features. It could be as to play a Poker game. There is a moment when we must know to say stop... to avoid to loose everything in a total terminal crash.

For more features... we have many other synths available everywhere. And to have more in a unique product is not necessarily to have better. Use other synths for what Synth1 doesn't do is not a shame, it's a wise behavior, and it doesn't prevent to keep on using Synth1 for all the huge things that it does.

Return to “Instruments”