Bitwig Closing all other program's audio

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So hi guys a lot of time i produce music while speaking to people on skype or watching videos but bitwig just always make all the audio that isnt from bitwig stop.... i'm not even on asio 4 all ! Is there anyway to change that its pretty anoying ableton and fl studio were not doing this when i turned asio4all off ?

same here, would be nice but not too important right now i think.

just bumping im still looking for a solution

works fine for me, what s/cards are you guys using ?
may be someone with something similar can post their findings as well.

If you using WASAPI make sure "Exclusive mode" is set to OFF

WASAPI has not been working with bitwig since the start for me. Wish it did because on win I think the only other option is asio, which always robs sound from other programs, right?

not all the time, depends on what asio you're using if its asio4all, then by all means it'll restrict audio access to other stuff.

Yeah it's asio4all, my mackie blackjack drivers don't work well on win. Thanks.

np :), I've had my share of asio4all probs, its a pain sometimes.

may be it's time for an upgrade check out focusrite's scarlett range,
they're affordable and I doubt you'll be having any of those issues.

Ogopogo wrote:WASAPI has not been working with bitwig since the start for me. Wish it did because on win I think the only other option is asio, which always robs sound from other programs, right?
Oddly Ogopogo, I've been using WASAPI from the start. I got better results than running the sound module ASIO.

I stopped using ASIO4ALL years ago. Way too many hiccups.

Using a firewire Edirol FA-101.

In case it helps, these are my settings (my system is below in sig):
Audio System: Windows WASAPI
Input Device: Line In FA-101
Output Device: FA-101 Out 1
Sample Rate: 44100.0 HZ
Buffer Size: 256
(checked) Exclusive Mode.

Maybe something in there that will help you. :shrug:

Hope it does :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Well you did inspire me to mess around some more with the settings just now and I found that it will work pretty unpredictably. On my mac mini I have 2 options for input device: the digital ins and mackie interface ins, and 3 options for output: digital, interface, and onboard speaker. I found that some of these will work, and some combinations will play nice but not others, and exclusive mode being on or off is a factor. But the weirdest thing was that after spending some time experimenting with switching the ins and outs and turning on and off exclusive mode, I went back to using the interface for both ins and outs and for the first time it worked. I had tried it with exclusive mode on and off and it never worked. I had exclusive off this time and confirmed it was working by playing a youtube video while bitwig was playing. Then I closed and reopened bitwig and the same settings wouldn't work again. :shrug:

Oh sorry!

Isn't technology a wonderful thing?

WHEN IT WORKS :cry:

Also didn't realize you are on Mac else I wouldn't have made the post.

Still, glad to hear I inspired you to investigate :D

You'll get things working for you I am sure :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Actually the audio of all programs work if i close them and re open them after ive opened bitwig... and btw yes im using WASAPI and exclusive is unchecked

Return to “Bitwig”