Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

^^^^
From the IP address?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I threw my hat (i.e. $99) into the ring. Let's see what happens; will the product speak for itself? All that ends well is well? The lack of video demonstration for the importing feature, in spite of numerous requests, is concerning but I will hold my tongue until we've all had good time to review it. This particular release, at least for me, will speak volumes about IKM's willingness to support (or not) legacy products and long-time customers.

It has been said many times, and it's worth repeating here, that we live in an incredible age where there are many different options for musicians--options that are becoming more and more affordable everyday. If IKM fail on this, I am happy to move onward and upward. If for nothing else, the $99 will be worth the entertainment these multiple threads have provided over the last couple of years :D

DarkStar wrote:^^^^
From the IP address?
Interesting, if true... :D

blueman wrote:I threw my hat (i.e. $99) into the ring. Let's see what happens; will the product speak for itself? All that ends well is well? The lack of video demonstration for the importing feature, in spite of numerous requests, is concerning but I will hold my tongue until we've all had good time to review it. This particular release, at least for me, will speak volumes about IKM's willingness to support (or not) legacy products and long-time customers.

It has been said many times, and it's worth repeating here, that we live in an incredible age where there are many different options for musicians--options that are becoming more and more affordable everyday. If IKM fail on this, I am happy to move onward and upward. If for nothing else, the $99 will be worth the entertainment these multiple threads have provided over the last couple of years :D
I posted screenshots of each step. I apologize if you missed those screenshots and if this is something that turns you off to the product but I hope you'll find that the process laid out in those shots is enough for the time being.

Had to edit because I just saw that the suggestion relayed for import of Powered By SampleTank libraries made it to a suggestion list for some more videos that we could produce for SampleTank 3 and I hope it gets done (as well as importing with further editing of your own sounds).

I hope there will be some "How To" videos released to coincide with the software release due in two days. :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

There will definitely be videos coming, at or near release. Also, the screenshots for import can be found here if anybody did not see them: https://www.facebook.com/ikmultimedia/p ... 0711120147

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
blueman wrote:I posted screenshots of each step. I apologize if you missed those screenshots and if this is something that turns you off to the product but I hope you'll find that the process laid out in those shots is enough for the time being.

Had to edit because I just saw that the suggestion relayed for import of Powered By SampleTank libraries made it to a suggestion list for some more videos that we could produce for SampleTank 3 and I hope it gets done (as well as importing with further editing of your own sounds).
I understand, Peter. I won't lose any sleep over $99. I do understand that a "pre-order" is a bit of a gamble in any case. The video would have simply helped demonstrate the effectiveness of the import feature. It is difficult to ascertain, from screenshots alone, whether or not the import feature is smooth and seamless (e.g. effects and mapping translate correctly, file structure (presets) is in tact, libraries are easy to locate and work with, etc.). As it stands, I am skeptically hopeful. If the import is clumsy and unmanageable, I will be disappointed but not terribly surprised :shrug:. Plenty of folks have expressed the significance of this feature (a primary concern for many); hopefully, you gave it the care and respect it deserves.

It was smooth for me, especially since we have a bit of an advantage with the previous libraries being IK products :)

As far as some questions we've seen about server load, etc, on opening day - we do use a global download service that has been used by companies like Apple, Microsoft, and Facebook so we're confident that we'll have that set to give you all a great downloading experience.

That said, time is running out so if you are interested in getting the best pricing available (preorder pricing), please find the details here before it is too late: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=4328

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:There will definitely be videos coming, at or near release. Also, the screenshots for import can be found here if anybody did not see them: https://www.facebook.com/ikmultimedia/p ... 0711120147
Hi Peter, can we alternatively just copy/cut and paste the ST2 sound libraries to the ST3 sounds folder and create a customized folder structure within it?
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

RLSguitar wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:There will definitely be videos coming, at or near release. Also, the screenshots for import can be found here if anybody did not see them: https://www.facebook.com/ikmultimedia/p ... 0711120147
Hi Peter, can we alternatively just copy/cut and paste the ST2 sound libraries to the ST3 sounds folder and create a customized folder structure within it?
You must first import it, as SampleTank 3 is a completely new and rewritten engine. After that you can structure your sounds with more flexibility.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:It was smooth for me...
Well, at least one of us knows it works ;)

I think a lot of people would be grateful for a short, simple video showing it in action; for example, how do the FX (compression, reverb, etc.) translate? Well, whatever, we'll know soon enough--no sense kicking a dead horse.

You will hopefully have the opportunity to boast in 2 short days, right? :D

I don't think I'll boast much, I'll just be happy that those who want SampleTank 3 will have it. :)

Irony alert: my wife ordered this for me for my birthday. That's what I get for leaving my passwords around. :dog:

So, I am, apparently, in. I guess she just wanted to stop me bitching. :roll:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Just pre-ordered the upgrade from Miroslav. So Sampletank will become available to download tomorrow? What time/timezone?

Looking forward to finally using this thing!

Hangman85 wrote:Looking forward to finally using this thing!
I am looking forward to the feedback :D

Return to “Instruments”