If you could combine the best parts of any existing DAWs into the ultimate DAW...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Which parts would come from which DAWs? Also, please describe your workflow, your hardware setup, and what kind of music you make.

I'd like it if Ableton fixed the PDC issues, and added all the things that makes Bitwig great into it.
:borg:

Man, different tastes.

I'm pretty sure you just made my anti-DAW more precisely than I could. :o

HobbyCore wrote: Man, different tastes.
I'm pretty sure you just made my anti-DAW more precisely than I could. :o
I thought about making it even uglier by adding Chord and Automation tracks. :)

almost :D just I'm using Reason instead of Reaper(FL as VSTi, Live as host, Reason with ReWire)

Last edited by xbitz on Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

I'll take Logic with a dash of Logic :hihi:

Logic + the Cubase MIDI implementation would be nice as it allows for > 16 MIDI channels from external devices and runs plugins on multiple cores, which Logic does not :x

Some kind of clip launcher a la Live would be useful too.
... space is the place ...

It would be live, with PDC fixed/stay focus on an instrument on push (not ditching the pads of the track you are working on if you go to adjust a return)/double click headers to hide show FX AND a key command for it/audio comping and a basic editor for the comps/clean up the track folding key commands for groupandwidth/mouswheel support for things like sends and volumes/FIX PUSH to be able to still have a countin even if there are midi notes there :x

ALSO, multiple clips quantized at once like studio one does it. Allowing the groove to be the "quanize" setting for push and including drag/drop of that onto as many clips as you have selected.

A firmware update that increases the push pads brightness for the command buttons :evil: (if they can do calibration, you should be able to do that!) / auto crash report sending (mine doesn't work)

I'm sure I missed something, but I must retire early tonight.

From Temper I love the 'Shape' features that allow you to transform offline or realtime your midi data.
Eg you can create custom shapes to paint in midi notes or CC data.

The arp is particarly fun and unlike any other I've used
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Being able to switch between notation(Finale), piano roll(FL Studio) and tracker(Renoise) views for any given notes. That would be pretty cool.

I'll keep logic, but with samplitude's object editing/philosophy, ableton's clip view, studio one's drag 'n' drop functionality, reaper's full customisation ability, and......protools' auto-track-colouring :oops:

Logic plus the Chord track from Cubase would be nice.

I'd take:

+ Cubase 4.5
+ Ableton 8's automatic time stretching
+ Ableton 8's audio explorer/preview
+ an additional Talent plugin
+ an additional Time Pause plugin.

I'd be unstoppable then.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Anyway, it would call it Dawburt :ud:

I'd merge the Pro Tools mixer and fx with Ableton Live 9