Dust Analyzer (still "beta") [was: quickie signal analyzer proto]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mystran wrote:I don't remember any changes and I don't have any listed in the change logs, but I've adjusted the sync mechanism a few times, so maybe there's some problem. I'll take a look. The scope is quite intensive in terms of CPU though, so it's also possible it's dropping frames or something.
You think 0.1% cpu usage (according to Reaper) is intensive? :clown:
mystran wrote: I'll probably be keeping the current size, and adding resize functionality to Dust Analyzer would pretty much require a full rewrite. I have some plans for a more adjustable analyzer since it's clear that there are some common trends in terms of what people would like to have. :)
Oh no, don't do a rewrite for just a re-sizing wish, that would be out of this world. I will readjust the plugins on my monitor screen so it will fit then (now where is that Tetris themesong)

btw, where is that donate button on your site?

Mace404 wrote:
mystran wrote:I don't remember any changes and I don't have any listed in the change logs, but I've adjusted the sync mechanism a few times, so maybe there's some problem. I'll take a look. The scope is quite intensive in terms of CPU though, so it's also possible it's dropping frames or something.
You think 0.1% cpu usage (according to Reaper) is intensive? :clown:
That's almost certainly the audio processing that you are measuring. All the audio thread does is store the incoming audio and that takes practically no CPU at all. All the actual analysis and drawing is done in a completely separate thread. This way if the system is struggling to draw things at full speed, you might lose some frame-rate, but you should not experience any audio drop-outs or even significant GUI lag. It still takes quite a bit of CPU though. ;)
btw, where is that donate button on your site?
There isn't one, I'm afraid.

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for Dust Analyzer.
I have several different analyzers but I find myself opening Dust more often than not. :tu:

Keeps going black for me. Shame, I really liked this analyzer :(

alexfsu wrote:Keeps going black for me. Shame, I really liked this analyzer :(
Can you maybe provide some additional details on this, like .. Windows version, host, graphics card, etc?

[rant] I can bet it's Windows 9, Fruity Loops 12 and Radeon R9 295x2 OC... Just a little bit of healthy sarcasm. :) Sorry. I witness this situation so too often... when something doesn't work as it should people blame people like me instead of their "keenness" to just blindly go ahead and use things that are still so fresh, riddled with bugs and just simply too new to be completely stable. Backing off a little from that practice of updating when everything works fine usually helps a lot. Regular users just don't understand that. At all. My rule for anything and everything new in the computing world is - give it at least a year! [/rant] Saved me from a lot of trouble, always. :D
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

12 year old scotch has it's merits !!!!!

Please guys, stop the non-sense.

If someone is having a problem, I'd like to know about the details so I can have a chance to fix it. I am not aware of any "goes black" issue, so currently I can do nothing about it .. unless I get some additional information that might help figure out what's going wrong.

Making jokes about the very users that could help me fix things is not helpful.

Just wanted to say, had to test analyzers for somebody who had to buy one (dont get me started on the "if its free i dont want to use it" people grrrr) still the best analyzer around for me.
Hope you put some stuff on sale again soon, would like to give you your dues ;)
Duh

bungle wrote:still the best analyzer around for me
+1
TYVM again Mystran.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Looks good, I'll try it, thanks :)

Was just looking for a phaserscope to try out a little Reaper script, and found this. Great (and stylish) work mystran, thanks for making this available. As a fellow programmer I know how much works goes into this stuff.

Any chances to have a "speed" or "rate" control at the Scope mode? Would be supernice
-enryoki

Dust Analyzer is one of my favorite and most often used plugins.
It is almost perfect now.
But there is one thing i would be very happy if it was added: window size control, or few different dlls for different sizes.
The current version is a little bit too small on my 23 inch 2048x1152 monitor.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:Dust Analyzer is one of my favorite and most often used plugins.
It is almost perfect now.
But there is one thing i would be very happy if it was added: window size control, or few different dlls for different sizes.
The current version is a little bit too small on my 23 inch 2048x1152 monitor.
+1

I don't know if it would be hard to implement, but it would be a welcome addition.
It's easy if you know how

Return to “Effects”