what is the difference between bigroom house and house?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know EDM is big genre and there is lots of sub genres such as house, dubstep, electro etc.

anyway my question is what is the difference between big room house and house?

I think one is bigger than the other
:borg:

House is an umbrella term. Big room house is a (rather trashy and stale) subgenre of house.

Bigroom house is kinda like

House is kinda like

Old house is kinda like

Make sense?
You need to limit that rez, bro.

There's also French House.

Electro house

guys seriously, i can't HEAR the difference between big and not big.

There's also this kind of house:

Yatmandu wrote:There's also this kind of house:

that one turned out to be a big flop though

Defining features of big room house are:
-"empty" aesthetic lacking fullness of other genres
-triplet groove
-ridiculous emphasis on kick drum
-horrendousness

oh my god do i have to close this topic or what?

i searched on other web site and they said "big room house music is for big room house"

can some smart nice guy tell me what is "BIG ROOM HOUSE MUSIC" for seriously?

The problem is that big room house is a stale and incestuous genre, with everything copying everything else, hostile to innovation. Everything sounds the same. As such, it's not taken very seriously. I tried to give the most basic characteristics above, though.

nineofkings wrote:The problem is that big room house is a stale and incestuous genre, with everything copying everything else, hostile to innovation. Everything sounds the same. As such, it's not taken very seriously. I tried to give the most basic characteristics above, though.
You are the smartest guy in this topic. thank you.

Any Good Username? wrote:oh my god do i have to close this topic or what?

i searched on other web site and they said "big room house music is for big room house"

can some smart nice guy tell me what is "BIG ROOM HOUSE MUSIC" for seriously?
The name is taken from the music playing in the "Main Room" or "Big Room" at clubs, in other words the most popular style of house music played at a specific point in time (when the name was coined), rather than the style of music played in the side rooms (where there are less people ...).

As others said, it has got a certain vibe but it's basically house music with a bigger, brasher, trashier sound. Like all genres, it became a victim of it's own success.

So I wouldn't take the name too seriously ... pretty much anything can be classified as "big room" because it's what is playing on the main dance floor of clubs "now".
... space is the place ...

Return to “Production Techniques”