sE electronics Munro Egg 150 thoughts.

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYXqjd9Jc3U

I am seriously considering a pair of monitors, and I since i do not have the luxury of a treated room I've been eyeing this pair of monitors which have near zero diffraction. Every review I've read give these a great score, and from what I gather they would be absolutely perfect for a small hobby studio setup.

Any owners here? Anyone here work with them before ?

I am willing to save up enough money to buy these from a local retailer for $2500.00 if they are indeed worth the price.

Last edited by V0RT3X on Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

I demoed a 2nd hand pair of these a few months back, and imho they are a seriously good pair of monitors. They have a really wide soundstage and you can't really tell where the sound is coming from. They are almost full range, so you can easily use these without a sub. The egg shape would naturally help to minimise diffractions. I've used a studio designed by Andy Munro too, and the guy definitely knows what he's doing.

I didn't end up buying them cause the seller was asking for too much, but I'd rate them higher than both, the sonodyne sm100ak's I bought instead, and the Adam A7X's I've owned for a while.

maschinelf wrote:I demoed a 2nd hand pair of these a few months back, and imho they are a seriously good pair of monitors. They have a really wide soundstage and you can't really tell where the sound is coming from. They are almost full range, so you can easily use these without a sub. The egg shape would naturally help to minimise diffractions. I've used a studio designed by Andy Munro too, and the guy definitely knows what he's doing.

I didn't end up buying them cause the seller was asking for too much, but I'd rate them higher than both, the sonodyne sm100ak's I bought instead, and the Adam A7X's I've owned for a while.
That's great!! At first I thought it was gimmicky but after more reviews I've decided that they are the probably the best for the room I use.
:borg:

Very basic room treatment would still help though. Treat at least the first reflection points i.e. approximately the ones you can see the speakers from if you go around your room with a mirror.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”