looking around at orchestral instruments and want opinions

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
Again, thanks for all the suggestions. prague sounds might be something I get if only just because it's really cheap, and because it's soloists, which there seem to be less libraries of.
As for the others, orchestral tools sounds cool, although to get started with that you'd have to spend more -- with spitfire, for example, each library is no more than 400 pounds -- so what I might do is buy 3 or 4 of their libraries to get started, then buy more as time goes on. This would be more money efficient in the beginning, and would allow me to get up and running more quickly.

Speaking of buying a few at a time, are there any spitfire you'd recommend to start with? I was thinking albian 1, bml 1 (the first one on the page, I can't remember the name after bml :P), and hz 1. Those were just the first ones of the main ones like strings, more strings and epic drumbs.
Thanks,
-Michael.

I can definitely recommend Albion 1. It's the only one of theirs I own so I cannot vouch for the other libraries; however, given the quality of Albion I expect all their libraries are top notch.

When I first started buying orchestral libraries, Cinematic Strings was my go to instrument.

After buying Albion 1, I more often than not load it first.

Another library worth looking into, and I apologize for not suggesting these as I own a couple of these also:
http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/

Good sound, fair price and on sale regularly. In fact, you just missed one of his sales so unlikely there will be one soon. Probably around Christmas time though so I recommend signing up to receive his news letter.

He has several libraries of orchestral instruments. I own the Diamond, Pop/Rock Strings and the latest, Spotlight Strings.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Hi,
wow. they're not that pricey at all... especially diamond... which seems to contain quite a lot. I'll definitely add that to my hit list to check out.
-Michael.

One more site you may want to check out:
http://www.sonokinetic.net/

I can say superb libraries as I own all but Sultan Strings from the orchestral collection.

Have fun lilmike!

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Hi Michael,
I just purchased ProjectSAM's Orchestral Essentials and I can not stress enough how great this library is! Truly epic!
If you go to JRR shop, it's up for $399 but if you enter ""group" in the coupon field, you can get it for around $335. Its's a download version for Kontakt / Kontakt Player:

http://www.jrrshop.com/projectsam-orchestral-essentials

regards,
Michael.

Hi,
Again, thanks. I think I may have settled on Kirk Hunter Studios (although that's lible to change between now and when I buy it), but, I will definitely put that on my list of alternatives/possibilities.
-Michael.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”