meaning that "Copy as Parameter Event" ?

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

right-click on a knob opens a context menu with "Copy as Parameter Event" element.
have not found any info at M6 Docs - Using MIDI controller documentation.
which means that "Copy as Parameter Event" and how to use?

If my understanding is correct, this is the "not MIDI-like" signal (i.e. the "CV-like" signal) that follows green wires in MUX. You can sequence such events in an automation track. If you create a new track and draw in a sequence part, you can paste the Parameter Event into the lower area (once editing the sequence). Clicking (not right-clicking -- that threw me) the left hand title lets you pick "Content->{parameter name}" to make further adjustments.

You can't drag a parameter onto this lower area, though you can paste multiple values into it.

Of course, setting the track target to the target module lets you pick the parameter for automation directly, without having to go through the copy-paste sequence.

with a right-click on a knob i meant "Copy as Parameter Event" as shown on http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/us ... llers.html

pljones wrote:If my understanding is correct, this is the "not MIDI-like" signal (i.e. the "CV-like" signal) that follows green wires in MUX. You can sequence such events in an automation track. If you create a new track and draw in a sequence part, you can paste the Parameter Event into the lower area (once editing the sequence). Clicking (not right-clicking -- that threw me) the left hand title lets you pick "Content->{parameter name}" to make further adjustments.

You can't drag a parameter onto this lower area, though you can paste multiple values into it.

Of course, setting the track target to the target module lets you pick the parameter for automation directly, without having to go through the copy-paste sequence.
sorry, but it's realy hard to understand because i can't reproduce. please can you give me a step by step example?
the only logical possibility i've found is "Drag Parameter" to an automation track.

From the menu option you mention, choose "Copy Parameter Event".

Go to the Composer.
Create a track.
Create a Sequence part.
Edit the Sequence part. You will see the upper part with keys to the left and a small lower part with just a label.
In the lower part -- not on the label, though -- right click, find "Clipboard" and choose "Paste".
In the lower part, left click on the label, open the "Content" item and pick the Parameter you just pasted.

Alternative avoiding copy/paste:
Go to the Composer.
Create a track.
Set the track target to the module you had copied the parameter event from.
Create a Sequence part.
Edit the Sequence part. You will see the upper part with keys to the left and a small lower part with just a label.
In the lower part, left click on the label, open the "Parameters" item and pick the parameter you want.

pljones wrote:From the menu option you mention, choose "Copy Parameter Event".

Go to the Composer.
Create a track.
Create a Sequence part.
In the lower part -- not on the label, though -- right click, find "Clipboard" and choose "Paste".
In the lower part, left click on the label, open the "Content" item and pick the Parameter you just pasted.

Alternative avoiding copy/paste:
Go to the Composer.
Create a track.
Set the track target to the module you had copied the parameter event from.
Create a Sequence part.
In the lower part, left click on the label, open the "Parameters" item and pick the parameter you want.
thank's for your reply, now i know how to work with "Copy as Parameter Event" :tu:

It's meant to be able to create initialization events for a certain parameter. Indeed to be pasted in a sequence part in your composition. Maybe it's easier to paste them in the event list editor.

Added to the docs.

Ah, I see - that makes sense. Even with the target set, you'd start drawing the curve from the wrong point perhaps. As you say, pasting into the event list editor is probably more useful so the time can be set accurately to 1.1.0 to avoid glitching. (Or "paste parameter at start of sequence" as a menu option... which is rather a long name ;))

(Oh, and as it's the season for FRs, apparently, I'll just say being able to drag a parameter knob onto the automation lane would be neat. This should end up with the current value running from the start of the sequence (if no previous value entered) to the drop point.)

pljones wrote:From the menu option you mention, choose "Copy Parameter Event".

Go to the Composer.
Create a track.
Create a Sequence part.
This does not work on my system. Neither in the sequence contoller area nor in the list editor.
Value1 is always "?" instead of the parameter i did the "copy" with (gain, freq, ...).
Value2 is correct though.

Sounds like the track's target module is not yet properly set.

Have a new track/rack (for double security drag the rack onto the track header)
Create a new sequence on that track
Right click on the Pan of that rack and select "Copy as Parameter"
Open the sequence in List editor and Clipboard/Paste
-> Value 1 = ?
Value 2 = 50%

AndreasD wrote:Have a new track/rack (for double security drag the rack onto the track header)
Create a new sequence on that track
Right click on the Pan of that rack and select "Copy as Parameter"
Open the sequence in List editor and Clipboard/Paste
-> Value 1 = ?
Value 2 = 50%
i have the same limitation, it seems "Copy as Parameter Event" didn't work with rack parameters.

The reason is that the mixer strip in a rack also is a module. And the pan parameter is a parameter of the mixer strip. So in fact the track should point to that mixer strip sub-module. When you want to use automation envelope parts that's easy via right-click parameter -> Drag Parameter. If you want to use sequence parts though, you can use this "Drag Parameter" method now too, but might have to right-click that track -> Choose Automation Type = None, otherwise drawing new parts on that track will be envelope parts. Alternatively you can also directly right-click the track -> Choose Target Module and choose that rack's Mixer Strip. I've taken note about this situation, and will look how to optimize this.

Possible idea for improvement: Drag-drop starting from the mixerstrip's level meter = drag-drop mixerstrip.

Just to clarify.

Should pasting a copied parameter set the sequence part to target that parameter's owning module?

Alternatively, should I be able to paste parameters from different modules into the same sequence and effectively target multiple modules from the same sequence part?

(In the latter case, how would I see the target?)

pljones wrote:Should pasting a copied parameter set the sequence part to target that parameter's owning module?
No, it's only pasting the event. And FYI: Only tracks can be set to a target module, not individual parts. All parts on a track use the track's target module. You can set a different MIDI channel per part though, even per event, if you would want that.
Alternatively, should I be able to paste parameters from different modules into the same sequence and effectively target multiple modules from the same sequence part?
No, a track can only be set to one single target module.
Not related to this topic, but just mentioning (for others) in a broader context: If you want a track to play multiple layered modules at the same time, use a MUX to layer (and sub-mix) all these modules and connect the track to that MUX.

Return to “MUTOOLS”