Bazille rev2435

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bazille

aaron aardvark wrote: That fixed it! That is an unusual process for a u-he synth. Thank you! :)

The same procedure exists for the effects of ZEBRA 2 _
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.7.2 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

aaron aardvark wrote:That fixed it! That is an unusual process for a u-he synth. Thank you! :)
Err, no. Zebra's grid behaves in exactly the same way.

I'm getting quite noticable aliasing on simple FM sounds, and also on the tapmap waves.

strangely it doesn't seem to change significantly with the HQ setting nor the host sample rate.

is this a known thing and is it intended that it will be improved?

I'm not very experienced with FM, nor Zebra, ( but I tried some simple FM sounds in the Zebra demo and didn't get any such aliasing there...

here's some spectrum analyser pics of the aliasing I'm hearing, at least i presume it is aliasing, these are simple 2 operator FM sounds.

at 88k

at 44k

EDIT see below, I can't reproduce this with simple FM anymore...
Last edited by Tom Drinkwater on Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think that Urs said that bazille should be used at 44.1kHz for the moment. Maybe someone can confirm that?

there's also a strange effect with the PD wave shaping... but it doesn't seem like aliasing, but nevertheless contributes to an overall fizzy sound. here's the init patch with the PD turned down to about 60.

what's the lump of harmonics just above the tailoff point?

abique wrote:I think that Urs said that bazille should be used at 44.1kHz for the moment. Maybe someone can confirm that?
as of the latest version 2435 it is supposed to be fine at all sample rates. also the aliasing I'm getting is at all sample rates including 44.1k

I can't now reproduce the aliasing with simple FM sounds - I'm still getting the PD saw lump as above, and the aliasing when using tapmap waves, but the simple FM seems to be fine... not sure what was going on there!

Tom Drinkwater wrote: what's the lump of harmonics just above the tailoff point?
I believe that's how the math correctly works out for PD, although I can only make an intuitive case for that. (If this is the case it's not a digital artifact.)

For PM, sideband location is straightforward but sideband amplitude follows Bessel functions. Visually, these clearly resemble ripples:

Audibly, these can be heard with large amounts of 2-op FM: sort of the simplest possible PM arrangement with 2 oscillators in Bazille, and sweep large values of the 'PM Coarse' knob; there's an oscillating sort of ripple in the timbre, that's sideband amplitudes rising and falling as described by Bessel functions.

Mathematically how this shows up when using PD versus PM, I can't prove anything :hihi: Intuitively I think one can describe any PD as a series of modulators in PM summed in parallel, although that's nothing to do with how it's actually calculated. Seems like the Bessel wobbles would propagate similarly here.

Found a small bug in the envelopes, nothing major. Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

To reproduce, load Init patch, choose any modulator for the Envelope 1 Amp and increase depth to maximum. Now change the modulator back to None and there is no sound.
I know you can just reset the Amp Mod depth to default but I expected changing the modulator to None would achieve the same thing. Had me scratching my head for a short while :?

UI scaling in steps of 10% (let us know what you think) Note: Scope not yet fixed for resize

Great Feature! I really missed that

Thanks a lot

Satch1 wrote:Found a small bug in the envelopes, nothing major. Sorry if this has already been mentioned.
To reproduce, load Init patch, choose any modulator for the Envelope 1 Amp and increase depth to maximum. Now change the modulator back to None and there is no sound.
I know you can just reset the Amp Mod depth to default but I expected changing the modulator to None would achieve the same thing. Had me scratching my head for a short while :?
That's not a bug - it's how amplitude modulation generally (psst...caveat!) works in u-he stuff: Turning up the modulation depth does exactly that... it increases the degree to which amplitude is *scaled* by the modulator.

geromino & EDragon,
I stand corrected; and learned something new.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Howard wrote:
Satch1 wrote:Found a small bug in the envelopes, nothing major. Sorry if this has already been mentioned.
That's not a bug - it's how amplitude modulation generally (psst...caveat!) works in u-he stuff: Turning up the modulation depth does exactly that... it increases the degree to which amplitude is *scaled* by the modulator.
Ok no probs if that's he way it has to be. Now I know, it won't outfox me again :) . Thanks for the reply.

/* static noise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Return to “u-he”