If DIVA was released as hardware...

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dedicated DSP, dedicated physical controls, little or no latency. I'd be thrilled.

I'm curious to know how the Solaris filters compare to Diva...

The Solaris interface as a programmable midicontroller, is all i'd ever ask for. Then run Diva. Or even bigger, as a plug out system. A man can dream :)

It would make more sense to manufacture a dedicated hardware controller like the MS20 one that was created and program a plugin specifically for that using a combination of uhe code imo.

In other words something bespoke where the hardware wasn't a compromise based on a plugin that wasn't designed to be used in conjunction with it.

Hive, for example ( :wink: )

tehlord wrote:It would make more sense to manufacture a dedicated hardware controller like the MS20 one that was created and program a plugin specifically for that using a combination of uhe code imo.
Since we are fantasizing... I'd rather an actual hardware Diva that has the number crunching to play all 16 notes with Divine quality at 96khz... 4 part multi-timbral and it has an arp plus step sequencer with slick interactive features...

This lets me save my computer cpu for other stuff like fx, triggering clips, live looping, etc... and lets me play Diva free of any concern for crackles, glitches due to cpu overload.

pdxindy wrote:
tehlord wrote:It would make more sense to manufacture a dedicated hardware controller like the MS20 one that was created and program a plugin specifically for that using a combination of uhe code imo.
Since we are fantasizing... I'd rather an actual hardware Diva that has the number crunching to play all 16 notes with Divine quality at 96khz... 4 part multi-timbral and it has an arp plus step sequencer with slick interactive features...

This lets me save my computer cpu for other stuff like fx, triggering clips, live looping, etc... and lets me play Diva free of any concern for crackles, glitches due to cpu overload.
Agreed, however Diva doesn't really lend itself to being a hardware instrument.

Also the controller concept could be €499 for hardware and software wheras the hardware version of Diva would require enough R&D for it to be €2499.

Plus if it was VA then Gearslutz would literally explode in a puff of self righteous hatred so it'd have to be purely analogue. So €4499.

LOL

Seriously it could made in hardware with lights as the System 1 by roland, controls will light on/off when in use or not.

Even if VA I would pay 3000 or even 5000 (as the new modulus 002 with that gorgeous screen). It would be an instrument I would enjoy for the rest of my life.
dedication to flying

tehlord wrote:
pdxindy wrote:

Also the controller concept could be €499 for hardware and software wheras the hardware version of Diva would require enough R&D for it to be €2499.

Plus if it was VA then Gearslutz would literally explode in a puff of self righteous hatred so it'd have to be purely analogue. So €4499.
Heh... Let the Gearslutz explode in a puff... besides, plenty of those folk like and use Diva as a softsynth and they have already argued it to death vs analog.

Plus, full analogue with 16 voices with 5 different osc types and 5 different filter types would be more in the range of $20,000+

Analogue would be too impractical, and the VA, especially assuming it would be preset compatible with the current softsynth would be stellar sounding and practical with a ready to go plug-in for computer sound design, preset management etc.

pdxindy wrote:
tehlord wrote:
pdxindy wrote:

Heh... Let the Gearslutz explode in a puff... besides, plenty of those folk like and use Diva as a softsynth and they have already argued it to death vs analog.

Plus, full analogue with 16 voices with 5 different osc types and 5 different filter types would be more in the range of $20,000+

Analogue would be too impractical, and the VA, especially assuming it would be preset compatible with the current softsynth would be stellar sounding and practical with a ready to go plug-in for computer sound design, preset management etc.
I think even u are wrong about 20.000$ price for full high end analog synthesizers. Here is Schmidt Synthesizer and it is only 8 voices poliphony 4 oscilators and 8 filters and it is about 60.000$ if i am not mistaken...
http://youtu.be/imuCQ3Do6lk
http://youtu.be/i2qB7_DW-OE
https://слово-божье.рф

chilly7 wrote:
pdxindy wrote:

I think even u are wrong about 20.000$ price for full high end analog synthesizers. Here is Schmidt Synthesizer and it is only 8 voices poliphony 4 oscilators and 8 filters and it is about 60.000$ if i am not mistaken...
http://youtu.be/imuCQ3Do6lk
http://youtu.be/i2qB7_DW-OE
Yeah, you are right... it would be way more than $20k

I never thoght about it being analog, DIVA is a VA and I like it that way.
dedication to flying

Return to “u-he”