Studio One and Native Instruments status ,.. etc ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@thanks dsan
I already looked for Battery 4. Can't buy it here in Holland: HAVE TO BUY KOMPLETE 9. Well.. they can.. bummer. Hmm..

Dazed Veins wrote:@thanks dsan
I already looked for Battery 4. Can't buy it here in Holland: HAVE TO BUY KOMPLETE 9. Well.. they can.. bummer. Hmm..
What do you mean? I don't understand where's the problem ordering from the netherlands.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

I googled it.. do you know what google is?

PS I can buy EVERYTHING here, but no.. NI Battery and there are enough Dutch people around this site to confirm my statement lol I am quite sure or.. Google is wrong. Yeah..right.

Dazed Veins wrote:PS I can buy EVERYTHING here, but no.. NI Battery and there are enough Dutch people around this site to confirm my statement lol I am quite sure or.. Google is wrong. Yeah..right.
Strange!

:x
This issue seems to be caused by a bug in the current version of the application.

We have referred this issue to our developers and will try to fix it in a future
version, but we cannot recommend a workaround at this time.
:evil:

It's NOT what they said the first time.

PLUS, why are the PREVIOUS versions of the plug in fine :x

This cpu spiking - are we talking about generally with S1 or just with NI products?
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Studio drummer and retro machines seem to be the worst ones. I also get undesirable cpu behavior with "the giant"

If you do an 8 part multi-timbrel part with omnishphere, the cpu dances all over the place too.

If you have a project with EZD, trilian, guitars with tons of fx/reverb buss/yada, it's generally fine and a really big project with all audio is again fine :shrug:

Side note, "ampire" used to be miserable with my i7 860, but with the i7 4770 it's fine :?

hibidy wrote:Studio drummer and retro machines seem to be the worst ones. I also get undesirable cpu behavior with "the giant"

If you do an 8 part multi-timbrel part with omnishphere, the cpu dances all over the place too.

If you have a project with EZD, trilian, guitars with tons of fx/reverb buss/yada, it's generally fine and a really big project with all audio is again fine :shrug:

Side note, "ampire" used to be miserable with my i7 860, but with the i7 4770 it's fine :?
It's one of the reasons I stick with reaper. It seems to have the least of all DAW evils and easily the best overall cpu usage out of everything I've ever tried. I have the artist version of S1 and I think it's a great environment in general but CPU problems like this immediately takes it off my radar.

But over all it "works" it just makes you really nervous. Yeah reaper reports sick low cpu usage. Keeps your nerves in check.

But it's not like studio one sucks donkeys or anything, it's a fine host. Very stable, I just want to make sure the OP and others realize LIKE EVERY DAW there is always something to gripe about.

What other host can you work on, select every clip (audio/midi) and quantize/swing/groove with one button? (and it works REALLY well)

hibidy wrote:But over all it "works" it just makes you really nervous. Yeah reaper reports sick low cpu usage. Keeps your nerves in check.

But it's not like studio one sucks donkeys or anything, it's a fine host. Very stable, I just want to make sure the OP and others realize LIKE EVERY DAW there is always something to gripe about.

What other host can you work on, select every clip (audio/midi) and quantize/swing/groove with one button? (and it works REALLY well)
Indeed S1 seems like a great piece of software and I probably would use it more if I had different needs. The cpu thing though... Zynewave Podium had similar problems for me too - another nice host unusable for me.

Get a faster computer. Problem Solved.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:Get a faster computer. Problem Solved.
You must be kidding? If an i7 4770 isn't fast enough, I can't believe that.

What are you doing to have Studio One unusable with around 12 ghz of cpu power combined? I find that hard to believe. Is it a mac only issue? Might be worth finding out :hihi:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:What are you doing to have Studio One unusable with around 12 ghz of cpu power combined? I find that hard to believe. Is it a mac only issue? Might be worth finding out :hihi:
No, it's a "studio one works this way for quite a few" thing :D

Honestly, CPU use/lack of optimization is easily a top 3 complaint with S1. But, I just had my annual "hey let's try FL studio" and it's SO BAD I think I'll stop complaining about the the few inconveniences with S1 :phew: Live and reaper are terrific.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”