Another Waves problem

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently bought Waves LoAir and Vitamin. They both don't show up in my plugins list. The trick of pointing Bitwig specifically to my Waveshell location doesn't work. My other Waves plugins do show up, but not these two (I tried reinstalling the plugins, and removing and re-adding the Waveshell location to Bitwig).

I searched this forum and found some links to software that can extract the plugins from the Waveshell. But that software is Windows only, and I'm on OSX.

Anybody found a solution?

yea i had the same issue tech support sorted me out

basically

delete folder called index

AND

file called cache

there's a post about this in the bitwig questions site

That worked. Thanks!!

Just for completeness, there's another way I've found, as my plugins weren't refreshing either. You have to move -every- VST out of the folder, wait for Bitwig to reindex the empty folder. Then just move them all back in and Bitwig re-indexes and finds all of them.

I have to do this every time I install a new plugin, except now I know about deleting the index/cache

timothyallan wrote:I have to do this every time I install a new plugin, except now I know about deleting the index/cache
Really? I don't think I ever had to do this other than when something got stuck. I can even install VSTs while BWS is running and it will find them right away.
Did you deactivate the automatic update for your VST folder?
What platform are you on?

This is not how it's supposed to work so I'd like to find and cure the problem. ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Just installed the new Waves plugin update to get my kits on the Waves StudioRack and now all Waves plugins have disappeared from Bitwig.

I've tried rescanning multiple times with no luck. No errors show up for the Waes plugins either.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Deleting the VST cache didn't help? I fear the whole shell plugin thing isn't really fully solved yet... Weird stuff.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

ThomasHelzle wrote:Deleting the VST cache didn't help? I fear the whole shell plugin thing isn't really fully solved yet... Weird stuff.

Cheers,

Tom
It was a waves issue. They have released another installer to resolve the issues caused by installing studiorack.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

:phew:

Contour wrote:yea i had the same issue tech support sorted me out

basically

delete folder called index

AND

file called cache

there's a post about this in the bitwig questions site
I put a question into support on Friday and have searched on the questions site, but haven't heard back and can't find anywhere how to get BWS to recognize my Waves plugins. Can someone please elaborate on how to do this (where to find the index folder and cache file (on Windows 7))? Thanks.
Studio One Pro 3.3 and PT 12.6 on Win 8.1 Pro, i7-3930k, Sabertooth x79, 16GB G.Skill 2133, Lynx Hilo, Eleven Rack, Chandler TG2, Liquid Channel, Mojave MA-200, Focal CMS65s. Oh, and a "few" guitars...

Return to “Bitwig”