Could some of you Mac guys please trying this.

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Trying to export as AU from Maize. I have no idea if this will work.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1t514 ... ponent.zip

From the Maizesoft forums...
"You have to copy the entire .component folder to /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Component, not just the content folder."

the zip here only produced City Piano.component. It was scanned by Kore2 and loaded up as the Maize instrument.
The interface shows 'Instrument List (City Piano)' and 'Group List (Piano; Release Samples)'.
I don't get it.

Did it play the piano?

The .component bundle is actually relevant files and directories "bundled" into something the Mac OS will understand. The Maize Sampler does this automatically. The download works, the component weighs in at just under 1.5 GIG, and does load and play as expected. Without changing the xml code for the interface from the default, this is essentially how all instruments will look and load. Having the "release samples" group isn't as useful in this context. The group list is better suited to multi-instrument samples - like the GM project. However, unlike Kontakt, which really benefits from a higher number of samples, Maize is less suited for that. It also takes up substantial system resources with such a large library.

It plays better in Kontakt. I haven't really gotten into the potential (xml) coding of Maize, so I didn't even look to see if it was only the interface that was customizable, or if there was some internal scripting that could be done. However, from a personal perspective, given that Audio Units are scanned regularly when launching a DAW, I would not use one that is so large.

That said, it DOES work.

Hope this helps

Thanks for all that info. It is really helpful. After noticing that the Soundcloud demos of the two pianos I put on VST, got 5k hits, I thought I should try to make more VSTs for folks without Kontakt. Then I had a request on my blog for an AU version, so that's why I've been trying to figure it out.
My thought is Kontakt will be my main development environment. Then I'll move the samples over to Maize and create the VSTis without really worrying about appearance. I'm completely lost on trying to customize the look and feel of Maize and it seems like people don't care that much. The pianos got (generally) rave reviews at Vst4Free and seem to be downloaded a lot so I thought if I could create even mediocre looking VSTis that sound good, I'd be helping folks.
Thanks for explaining group list, I thought it was like the groups in Kontakt. I'm not sure how to include the release samples to play correctly, but not show up on the group list. Also I'll make sure I do lite versions of the bigger instruments so they don't take up so much room.

Works here too (Logic Pro X, OSX 10.9). And I suppose you do help people who don't have Kontakt. I think it's a very nice gesture.

bigcat1969 wrote:Did it play the piano?
Yes.

Thanks for testing it. Good to know its working and that I need to figure out the way groups work.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”