IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

I'm just thinking about many games I've preordered and they often came out in the US (I'm in mountain time) anywhere from 10am to 2pm. I'm anticipating that here as well. It's currently almost 8:30, so to me a fairly normal software release would be for it to be released from one and a half to six hours from now.

blueman wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Greeeeat, except they jumped the gun....
How is it possible that Sweetwater "jumped the gun"?! It is YOUR release day!! :dog:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is just completely silly and amateur, at this point. :oops:

I am LOLing all over the shop, right now...
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

The words "piss up" and "brewery" spring to mind...

@basslinemaster:
From my 'My Products' page at IKM... Got the serial this morning from Sweetwater and activated/installed it via Authorization Manager. But since I read Peters notes that the files are not final I haven't downloaded the 8 zip files (sounds) yet.

bigcat1969 wrote:I'm just thinking about many games I've preordered and they often came out in the US (I'm in mountain time) anywhere from 10am to 2pm. I'm anticipating that here as well. It's currently almost 8:30, so to me a fairly normal software release would be for it to be released from one and a half to six hours from now.

This was supposed to have started from their headquarters in Italy, and it is already 4:30 there.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Roman Empire wrote:What I don´t get here is that people getting their new serial from Sweetwater already had this 8 file version, but we that preordered from IK Multimedia don´t get anything.
They are having wrong files. It's said here that this is not the final and better not download (whatever IKM put on their server is another question.. ..maybe an early beta?) :lol:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

blueman wrote:How is it possible that Sweetwater "jumped the gun"?!
They sent out the serial numbers to the customers before IKMs release announcement.

now... hope we understand why i am not fond of ik multimedia and their reps...

one would think for their loyal customers you could get a straight answer... but not with ik multimedia and their reps...

marketing strategy... "STING THE CUSTOMERS ALONG AS LONG AS POSSIBLE"...

and someone was going to post... "job well done ik multimedia"...

hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha!!!!

:tu:

I'm just comparing it to game releases. I've likely pre-ordered OK I hate to think of how many games across the years... About 90% came out about noon either east or west coast USA regardless of company headquarters and everytime the lovely folks from Europe complained bitterly. I don't know that this will play out the same way, but that is my experience in a similar situation.

blueman wrote:This is just completely silly and amateur, at this point. :oops:
But thank those lucky stars above, none of the jampoints has been sacrificed in the ST3 deal so far :P

Picture this:

In a dark room where you can barely make out the distinction of decor, the camera pans.

From a sliver of light streaming through the pulled curtains the camera comes to rest.

You view a hand stretched out over the "Get it NOW!" button.

And an eerie voice from the back of the room lowly states

"Not yet. We're not done f'ing with those guys over at KVR."

:hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

We did not release yet, Sweetwater sent out serials early. I thought I was clear about that earlier but I see it wasn't so clear. That's the case. The service and servers we use are fine, so go ahead and quote what you will (I know, typos and everything cause the typical nitpicking but have at it at least you guys are talking about ST3 and IK and I thank you for that) as we have not officially released until our emails go out. It happens, and we'll be sending our emails out soon and at that time the official files will be up there. On that subject, seems people were already correct about that - prerelease files can be there for final testing, beta, etc.

Thanks for your patience or lack thereof :) Those that ordered from us should be getting emails from us soon, thankfully. I'll try to alert people here best I can but I'm sure others will report when they receive their IK emails here and also feel free to check our forum at the following thread as that will likely be the epicenter for ST3 information and discussion today as first priority: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewt ... =12&t=7598

And to dsan... thank you for the laugh, that was indeed funny. A couple others have been good in between but I have to get moving on some things with the email delivery being imminent and all just know I do enjoy a good laugh even if sometimes at our expense :)

paulbreeze wrote:
blueman wrote:How is it possible that Sweetwater "jumped the gun"?!
They sent out the serial numbers to the customers before IKMs release announcement.
I think you missed my point. The release date was set, and communicated to Sweetwater, some time ago--I get their catalogs and they were advertising this. Sweetwater did exactly what it is should to do: release the product on the release day it was given.

Does it really make good sense to run this all the way up to the hour and minute of that day, and then push blame back on the company who is trying to serve its customers well by making good on its commitments? Can Sweetwater really be expected to wait for the exact minute that this is announced? :roll: IKM owes an apology to Sweetwater and its customers.

Having preordered myself, directly from the IKM website, I am not that upset because I've come to expect this and took it as a proper gamble. Oddly, I'm still entertained and humored by how ridiculous this all is :ud: :party:

DIdn't you say that this would begin from the servers at the head office in Italy, Peter?
Last edited by Bombadil on Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

individuals that purchased the box version now have to download the product from the servers... if that is the case... what is the purpose of the box version?

:tu:

basslinemaster wrote:
paulbreeze wrote:SampleTank 3
Latest version: 3.0
Released on: 07-24-2014

Available Sounds for Windows
Sounds Released on 07-28-2014

Where is this quote from?
When you go to your "USER AREA" on the IK site (as per the instructions in the Sweetwater email), you will find the download files for your purchase--the installer and the sound files. The above quote is the label that appears next to the download button for these files.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Return to “Instruments”