IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Server speed is great. Looking forward to the dl being complete!
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

Probably me switching between apps. My DSL is also only about 1 meg/s.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

3rd zip is downloading. Every time I import a legacy instrument, though, it re-builds the entire instrument database.A bit redundant.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Could someone please confirm the installation process for me?
Once I run the instrument installer and get ST3 installed then this is what I assume I'm supposed to do:

1. Create a folder for the sounds
2. Unzip each of the 8 sound file zips
3. Deposit all the unzipped files into the folder I created for the sounds
4. Point ST3 to the newly created folder containing the sounds and hit "scan" or "import"

Once I do this, I assume from the FAQ that folder directories will be created which will then allow me to:

1. Point ST3 to the folder containing my Sonik Synth/Miro etc., sounds and hit "scan" or "import"

That's it. Is that how it works? The only installer document I could find was the .pdf included with the authorization download, and it didn't explain how to install the sounds.

Thanks
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Each of the zips have their own installers. You just need to direct them to a folder you set up. At least, that is what I did. As for the Miro/SS, etc, they have to be imported via the 'Import Legacy Instrument' command from the drop down menu on the lower left. You'll get prompted to find them, do that, hit ok, and it will import. I'm on a Mac, so not sure what to do on a PC.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote:Each of the zips have their own installers. You just need to direct them to a folder you set up. At least, that is what I did. As for the Miro/SS, etc, they have to be imported via the 'Import Legacy Instrument' command from the drop down menu on the lower left. You'll get prompted to find them, do that, hit ok, and it will import. I'm on a Mac, so not sure what to do on a PC.
Good info. Thanks for commenting.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:Could someone please confirm the installation process for me?
Once I run the instrument installer and get ST3 installed then this is what I assume I'm supposed to do:

1. Create a folder for the sounds
2. Unzip each of the 8 sound file zips
3. Deposit all the unzipped files into the folder I created for the sounds
4. Point ST3 to the newly created folder containing the sounds and hit "scan" or "import"

Once I do this, I assume from the FAQ that folder directories will be created which will then allow me to:

1. Point ST3 to the folder containing my Sonik Synth/Miro etc., sounds and hit "scan" or "import"

That's it. Is that how it works? The only installer document I could find was the .pdf included with the authorization download, and it didn't explain how to install the sounds.

Thanks
-B
The sound files all have installers. Just run them and always point them to the same directory. They will build the folders automatically.

In fact, if you just install part 1, it will go ahead and created a folder for the imported instruments. As long as that folder is there, you ready to begin importing your other libraries. I'm importing them while I wait for the downloads to complete.

With this official release, do we know more about the release time for the boxed version Peter?

BBFG# wrote:With this official release, do we know more about the release time for the boxed version Peter?
Ah yes, in the news at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=4464 we have:
The boxed version will be shipping in the second half of August 2014.
And in our store at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/shop/ we have:
The BOXED version of SampleTank 3 can now be PRE-ORDERED. Shipping is expected during the second half of August 2014.
(note that the term pre-ordered is used literally, as far as pricing we are in the Introductory pricing period now that we've released SampleTank 3)

I was on the IKM site (pretty sure it was last night), said pre-order, 2 days left... ? Did I miss something?!
Eternitysound VST Banks

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
BBFG# wrote:With this official release, do we know more about the release time for the boxed version Peter?
Ah yes, in the news at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=4464 we have:
The boxed version will be shipping in the second half of August 2014.
And in our store at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/shop/ we have:
The BOXED version of SampleTank 3 can now be PRE-ORDERED. Shipping is expected during the second half of August 2014.
(note that the term pre-ordered is used literally, as far as pricing we are in the Introductory pricing period now that we've released SampleTank 3)
:D I've pre-ordered. I just remember you saying that a more definitive date would come upon this release...

Bombadil wrote:Download of the 2nd zip has hung twice.
My 2nd zip didn't hang ,.. but was 1 min to actually start ,.. then it took 12 minutes ,.. ok speed !
HM

HM wrote:
Bombadil wrote:Download of the 2nd zip has hung twice.
My 2nd zip didn't hang ,.. but was 1 min to actually start ,.. then it took 12 minutes ,.. ok speed !
Weird... then cool... But definitely noted. Thanks for relaying this information.

Option to use rar's instead of zip's, noted, but not implemented.

Other than the zip blip, everything has gone smoothly, including the import of the legacy instruments. Looking good, Peter! :clap:

Looks like I won't have to have a little chat with my wife, after all.... :lol:
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Instruments”