MuLab 6 Sequencing Editing Tip

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Neat trick! Superb idea as always. Thanks for the tip ;-)

Or just map some keys in the shortcut editor. Arrow up/down to move in semi-tone. Shift + arrow up/down to move in octave.

edit : Change "Shit" to "Shift" lol :oops:
Last edited by xx JPRacer xx on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

+1 for jpracer

Hi guys,

Sorry Im new with Mulab v6 I bought the other day and I can't not figure how to stacks vst synths to play them together, just using midi.
For example track one Sylenth1 sounding together with korg poly synth on the Midi track 2, how can I do this ? without using Mux ?, please help me, thank you guys !.

@quilys

If you just want the two synths to play together just put them one after the other in the same rack. The MIDI data/notes is pass down the entire rack.

yeah but they are not sounding together for some reason, I did but is not working on the same rack, im very frustrating now, but thanks for your response. lol

JPR, I wouldn't be so sure. I just tried it. Add one "mda JX10" in slot 1 - plays fine. Delete it and add one "mda DX10" in slot 2 - plays fine. Add back in the JX10. No sound at all...

This is likely because the JX10 does not "MIDI thru" its MIDI input and the DX10 does not "audio thru" its audio input. That ends up with the output from the JX10 disappearing and the DX10 having no triggers.

quilys, you can use two racks. Put a send module in the top slot of the first rack. This sends both audio and midi to its target, as well as "thru-ing" the signals.

thanks pljones but I had another Daw when I create a track with a VST synth n it and then I create a 2nd track below with another VST synth , I can play both synths together and record them together using the same Midi channel 1, but I cannot figure it how to do it in Mulab 6, please help guys !, thanks .

Is this what you are looking for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnrYtQNW2l0
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

As i am just at it, i post the same setup from the other thread here:
Load this MUX in slot 1 of your rack and both VST play.
2VST in MUX.jpg
Alternatively, as mentioned in another other thread :wink: , you can put each VST in separate racks. Add a Send in slot 1 on the first VST and send to the rack with the second VST. The send will, eerr send the midi from one rack to the other.
I usually use this way for trying things out and the first versio if i know upfront what is needed.

edit: sbj just beat me - nice tutorial!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sbj & AndreasD you are the men !!!, works finally thanks to all for all this help ! Videos and ideas is great, thanks again and Im starting fall in love again with this DAW ;)

In your original question you said you didn't want to use MUX. In that case using 2 racks with a send in the 1st rack is the only alternative (if your synth don't have MIDI thru), like pljones said.

Return to “MUTOOLS”