New idea for MXXX or think about a plugin chainer

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Vojtech,

i don´t like Waves plugins anymore, but there new idea of Waves Studio Rack is not bad. Maybe you can take a look at this idea. In short description, it´s a plugin chainer for their plugins, some features:

Up to 8 plugins per rack
Fully automatable Presets for plugin chains
can be saved to and loaded from any DAW

Nothing special, but it can hurry up the workflow and it could be a great alternative for your MXXX, which seems to be dead?!

A plugin chainer for your melda plugins, with a nice overview of used plugins and you can only add plugins you already bought. MXXX seems to be implemented all your plugins, maybe this was only for the beta, I don´t know.
Please take a look and tell us, what you think about?

What´s up with your secret mixing weapon plugin?

Thanks and greetings

Marek

I know at least two hosts that can save and load plugin- (fx-) chains. Guess this is no product that will sell at all. Automatable presets for chains seems interesting, though. Anyway, my left toe says that MXXX is not dead but under revision in terms of workflow. I'm guessing here, no: my toe is guessing.

I think every good daw can save and load fx chains, but.....
1. Waves sell it for free, that's cool.
2.What's really cool you can save your chain inside cubase for example and load the same chain inside studio one for example. That's not possible without a plugin. Waves calls it crossplatform daw exchange and I call it a great feature.

Watch this video and you will understand

Show And Tell Review Of Waves StudioRack: http://youtu.be/dPAYpO0Qg-A

Yeah, I understand what you like there. :)

Seems to be a feature targeted to a community idea (like NI's famous Reaktor user lib). But honestly I don't know a lot of success stories like this one. Even Melda's preset exchange options have - afaik - never been used by anyone which is a pity. But hey, the master himself - Vojtech - has declared recently, that presets don't make sense...;)

No presets for the big mass, only for yourself. Not everything must be for all folks. Quick and easy workflow. Exchanging my presets between different daws and presets I need everytime for singer xy and so on.

Ok, so first of all 3rd party plugins are out of the question :). We have the whole portfolio, so we don't need anyone else ;). And 2nd MXXX is not dead at all! Right now, the first synth is being finished. Then will be the 2nd synth. And after that MXXX is on the line as it will be needed for the "secret mixing project" and "another secret synth" :D. It's all part of a bigger plan! ;)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

That sounds cool, but I didn't mention 3rd party plugins at any time, only the good old melda stuff. In my opinion MXXX is obsolete with a similiar, but more complex plugin. But you are the master of the melda universe.
Go on Vojtech. I believe in your stuff, sold many of my other plugins, because of yours. Nothing to say anymore.

Ha! Are you saying that this Waves toy is more complex and makes MXXX obsolete?? :D I don't think so! :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MXXX ?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Help, why doesn't nobody understand me?

Vojtech open your eyes and read again. You should make a more complex plugin than waves, what shouldn't be to hard to reach. But I have to say I don't like your beta of MXXX, to complex, no quick, better workflow.

:D :D Well, making a chain of existing plugins makes no sense to me, that's what hosts are supposed to do. But then you have the big guns, MXXX, which won't be for everyone of course (but there's a hidden purpose ;) ).
Vojtech

But I can´t use a chain from Cubase with the same settings inside of Studio One! For example!

Ok, but quite frankly 99% users use just one host, so creating a plugin just for that is a pure nonsense.
Vojtech

That surprised me. I assumed most users like me end up working in different hosts...

There are allready plenty of pluginchainers and "metaplugins" on the market, though I don´t want to mention any of them by name as this is one specific developers forum. You find plenty if you do a search for "Plug-in Chainer / Rack" in the KVR database:

http://www.kvraudio.com/q.php?search=1&tg[]=32#results

You have to copy and paste the address, some signs in it makes it impossible to embed as I usually would have done...

If this is an option for you it might be a good idea to start a thread in the effects forum about which plugin chainer could work best for your purposes as there´s so much to choose from, though my impression is there´s basically 3 main contenders for userfriendly chaining. :wink:

Return to “MeldaProduction”