recording cc performance in bitwig

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, one question: is it possible to record a midi cc from an external synth in bitwig? I am trying to record a cc19 (filter) from a moog minitaur but with no luck...any suggestion?

thanks in advance!

Of course this is possible.
What's your setup? How are things connected? What script are you using for the Minitaur.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Hi Thomas, thanks for reply! I finally figured out to do it, i've added a general midi keyboard controller with minitaur as midi input and now bitwig record its midi cc just fine. It's a bit counterintuitive to add minitaur as a generic midi keyboard (since it doesn't have any keyboard to play :\) but it works:\. Maybe bitwig will add an option to change a name of a midi controller in the options?

Hopefully this will come in 1.1 - I'm already working on it... ;-)

Cheers,

Tom

(until then: http://blog.thomashelzle.de/2014/04/bit ... ntrollers/ )
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

Thank you very much, very good tutorial!

Any word around for the release of 1.1? Will be this summer or after the summer?

I can't really tell at the moment. 1.1 is getting pretty big, with many larger and smaller things being added all the time, so I guess it will take a bit longer...

And: It's holiday season in germany ;-)
Those brains need some rest too...

Cheers,

Tom

Return to “Bitwig”