beta release of TX16Wx XML file To SFZ Converter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cyclone - Vintage Sampler Emulator

Hi, I'm making a program which converts a Program file of TX16Wx sampler plugin to a SFZ file. At this point, it's beta release. This program has no GUI so you have to check the PDF manual.

And.. please bear in mind that it's a beta release. I haven't tested this program in other computers so if it doesn't work at this time, be patient.

TX16Wx Program To SFZ Features:

- You can choose a SFZ file from file dialog box or pass it by commandline.
- This program reads all the data from a TX16Wx program file, as though many synthesizer plugins support only limited set of opcodes.
- At this time, this program makes a SFZ file for 4 synthesizer plugins.
0 : SFZ For Zampler (Tested)
1 : SFZ For Alchemy (Player) (Tested)
2 : SFZ For SynthMaster (Not Tested)
3 : SFZ For Sforzando (Currently Developing)
- If you want, this program will copy included wave files into a sub folder.
- Windows 32bit and 64bit application. (This is not a plugin) This code is written in PureBasic. So this can be compiled into Mac and Linux. But I don’t have Mac and Linux platform so I can’t test this code on that platforms. Currently I programmed this code only for Windows file system in mind.

You can download this program from my blog. I haven't succeeded to upload and download my zip file in my newly created Wordpess.com blog. I think that Wordperss.com forbidden download zip file which contains .exe file. So I attached my Google Drive download link. [File] menu -> [Download] to download a entire zip file.

http://multiroadmusic.com/
Last edited by JongHo on Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thank you! It may be useful...

Hi,

Seems like a cool idea. Thanks for sharing.

Is the main purpose to use the TW16W sampler plugin as an SFZ editor essentially? Or did you have a bunch of TW16W programs that you wanted to convert? :)

Cool either way. :tu:

TW16Wx?

Isn't it rather TX16Wx?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:TW16Wx?

Isn't it rather TX16Wx?
Yeah TW16Wx is a software plugin that emulates the TX16Wx for which he built a converter for. Took me a min to get it as well.

Really Sorry, TX16Wx is right. Sorry for CWITEC Music Software. I googled several months 'TW16Wx' and Google searched it so I haven't doubt the spell a bit.

'Program' is a word from TX16Wx which contains sample mapping. I just made a converter a 'Program of TX16Wx' to a SFZ. It doesn't mean native code.

Thank you.

I don't really see a big need for converting such files to SFZ formats, when you got VST freeware that can read them directly:
http://soniccharge.com/forum/index.php? ... -the-past/

I mean, if I want to use these old sample files, I can load them up in my DAW via the Sonic Charge Cyclone freebie.

Numanoid wrote:I don't really see a big need for converting such files to SFZ formats, when you got VST freeware that can read them directly:
http://soniccharge.com/forum/index.php? ... -the-past/

I mean, if I want to use these old sample files, I can load them up in my DAW via the Sonic Charge Cyclone freebie.

maybe ppl want to use diff features of other players, such as filters, modulation etc etc.

I also have Kontakt and Battery. The advantage of SFZ is open format and many synthesizer plugins supports SFZ as a its oscillator.

By using TX16Wx, you can listen sample in TX16Wx and map samples with ease. And for example, you can assign 'choke' group for cymbal and convert it to Sforzando sfz, and it works.

Yeah sure, if you got no FX rack in your DAW like the free Amplitube or Nebula3 for example, that could be a need to cover yes.

JongHo wrote:I also have Kontakt and Battery. The advantage of SFZ is open format and many synthesizer plugins supports SFZ as a its oscillator.
Have you thought about making a converter for NKI to SFZ? That is something I really would like to see :)

In conversions as well as in the use of applications... beware the licenses. They are to watch very, very carefully one by one. It is probable that many sounds and banks are protected by copyrights against new diffusions... even in altered forms. And not only those having a proprietary format (even those in wav of sfz). The use of a common and public format doesn't imply that the product itself is in public domain. And in addition, when it's sold with a produc it may be of course allowed to be used exclusively with the product for which it has been sold. But the problem is there already for the banks and sounds distributed alone. It's like all the pictures or splendid photos in JPG... JPG is a public format, but it doesn't imply that the picture itself is freely reusable at our convenience.

It's a domain which can be subject to juridic litigations, and I would be extremely prudent. Myself, I wouldn't use such a product despite its technical interest.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “Instruments”