IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

SJ_Digriz wrote:
themachinelt wrote:What happens after 10 authorisations?
*concedes* Well played, sir.

Bombadil wrote:3rd zip is downloading. Every time I import a legacy instrument, though, it re-builds the entire instrument database.A bit redundant.
I'm trying to work around this myself. I am thinking it might be best to create a master folder, with all of the "legacy instruments" in their subsequent folders, and import in one single action; of course, this will take longer, initially, but it eliminates the need to keep rebuilding the database every time :shrug:

The import feature is about what I expected: a bit clunky, time-consuming, and awkward but it's not totally unmanageable; you can make it work. You have to follow a certain sequence of steps, be mindful of where things are stored/being sent to, and step through a few trial and error guesses.

The documentation doesn't explain/walk you through much, and we are without video tuts to help.

Alright can someone who has imported Sonik Synth 2 confirm this for me?

Most of the patches indicated MW in the Sonik Synth 2 library lose their connection to the mod wheel after import. Combis also have the same problem (particularly when the MW acts as a crossfade between two instruments).

Anyone else getting that?

EDIT: MW does work on some. It appears that the ones it doesn't work on have the MW connected to volume parameters.

jsp1979 wrote:Alright can someone who has imported Sonik Synth 2 confirm this for me?

Most of the patches indicated MW in the Sonik Synth 2 library lose their connection to the mod wheel after import. Combis also have the same problem (particularly when the MW acts as a crossfade between two instruments).

Anyone else getting that?

EDIT: MW does work on some. It appears that the ones it doesn't work on have the MW connected to volume parameters.
I'm relaying this internally as well. Thank you for posting.

blueman wrote:
Bombadil wrote:3rd zip is downloading. Every time I import a legacy instrument, though, it re-builds the entire instrument database.A bit redundant.
I'm trying to work around this myself. I am thinking it might be best to create a master folder, with all of the "legacy instruments" in their subsequent folders, and import in one single action; of course, this will take longer, initially, but it eliminates the need to keep rebuilding the database every time :shrug:

The import feature is about what I expected: a bit clunky, time-consuming, and awkward but it's not totally unmanageable; you can make it work. You have to follow a certain sequence of steps, be mindful of where things are stored/being sent to, and step through a few trial and error guesses.

The documentation doesn't explain/walk you through much, and we are without video tuts to help.
Yeah, but if you've used their VIs before, you know the score. The major difference is, though, it cycles through ALL the freaking instruments, and takes a good while. I am just downloading zip 7, and I'll wait until I have the last one in before I hit the refresh button.

Tomorrow, I have the joy of backing everything up to DVD-Rs. Oh Joy. Oh Bliss. :dog:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

basslinemaster wrote:I do have to LOL at the use of the phrase "10 years in the making" on the IKM site, as if that makes it a good thing.

Perhaps they are having problems trying to find a server that can cope with the huge download, after all, if they have to charge us 15 Euros to download 2GB of Sampletank Expansions,
It's 7.99 now. And you can use JamPoints.

...not to mention the premium download service we use to provide the SampleTank 3 libraries has been rock solid and fast so the proof has been served as the pudding today I'd say. I'm glad literally thousands of people were able to simultaneously download such large amounts of data without issues.

I'm home now ....woohooo :D.... and preparing to download.

Before I begin, is it possible to use a download manager? Say for instance iGetter?

Thanks!

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

dsan@mail.com wrote:I'm home now ....woohooo :D.... and preparing to download.

Before I begin, is it possible to use a download manager? Say for instance iGetter?

Thanks!

Happy Musiking!
dsan
With the way things have been working today, honestly you probably don't even really need one to be honest. Though there are obviously issues that can happen anywhere in the process, though, I know. I would try it with one of the parts as I do recall our I.T. staff used to recommend against using them but honestly I see no harm in using one or at least giving it a shot.

I also just checked with our support team and there are basically mixed results so give it a whirl and don't use it if you have more problems than you expected to solve with it :)

Thanks Peter! :tu:

I'll report back my results in case it helps others.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

Bombadil wrote:Other than the zip blip, everything has gone smoothly, including the import of the legacy instruments. Looking good, Peter! :clap:

Looks like I won't have to have a little chat with my wife, after all.... :lol:
I am 100% positive that you were already smart enough to know the ins and outs of "little chats" with your spouse even before having a positive experience here. :) Glad to hear it went well for you overall and happy to have you on board.

Anyone having problems running stand alone on windows 8.1? plugin seems to be working, but standalone just crashes. Just wanted to see if anyone had this issue before opening a ticket. I did a standard install other than unchecking stuff other than VST and VST3.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:Anyone having problems running stand alone on windows 8.1? plugin seems to be working, but standalone just crashes. Just wanted to see if anyone had this issue before opening a ticket. I did a standard install other than unchecking stuff other than VST and VST3.
I'd report it, there may be some similar reports (at least a couple/few) so the more details to establish any potential common thread would be helpful. Thanks and I hope they get it running for you pronto.

Well, that was fast.

Can't get a URL to feed into iGetter so it seems one will not be able to use a dl manager :cry:

Bummer!

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

dsan@mail.com wrote:Well, that was fast.
That's what she said.
Can't get a URL to feed into iGetter so it seems one will not be able to use a dl manager :cry:
I still think you won't end up needing it, this has been a great experience thus far as download speed and reliability goes.
Bummer!
Chin up, hombre.
Happy Musiking!
dsan
Soon. Soon.

(I couldn't resist but I can't guarantee this all the time so enjoy it while you can!)

Return to “Instruments”