Strange problem on CPU usage (FL Studio)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello guys

i don't know why my cpu usage wasted even if i don't play anything on playlist (as you see on the picture). i have fl studio 11.1 and "smart disable" is active too. with playing 5 or 6 tracks the cpu reaches to 60 - 70 and pops and clicks occur to the sound

i have to say i use fabfilter plugins (mostly Pro-C and Pro-Q). power option settings is on high performance

I have the same with an FL session with 4 instances of spire vsti. Even when nothing is playing, cpu usage is around 30%.

Did you enable smart disable using the Tools->Macros->Smart disable for all plugins ? Or for each plugin individually?

camsr wrote:Did you enable smart disable using the Tools->Macros->Smart disable for all plugins ? Or for each plugin individually?
from macros

i found there is a problem with Diversion 1.29 vst but i don't know how to solve it. it causes cpu spike

The pic you posted - your CPU is 15%...?????

PVibe wrote:
camsr wrote:Did you enable smart disable using the Tools->Macros->Smart disable for all plugins ? Or for each plugin individually?
from macros

i found there is a problem with Diversion 1.29 vst but i don't know how to solve it. it causes cpu spike
Then you may try disabling the plugin with the green on/off button. If that doesn't work, then IDK, must be the VST itself.

PVibe wrote:i don't know why my cpu usage wasted even if i don't play anything on playlist (as you see on the picture). i have fl studio 11.1 and "smart disable" is active too. with playing 5 or 6 tracks the cpu reaches to 60 - 70 and pops and clicks occur to the sound]
Do you employ a dedicated sound card or use Asio4All?

What are the specs of your PC?

Slightly related. I just uninstalled FL studio 11.1 x64 after having dropouts and cpu gargling.

i7 4770. Every year I test out FL studio thinking that the next version is somehow going to run better and it doesn't. I bitch about studio one's cpu handling but FL is so much worse.

Ok thanks guys there was a problem with the smart disable and vst itself. This feature has issue with some plugins and can't disable them completely. After I removed vst then cpu went down

PVibe wrote:Ok thanks guys there was a problem with the smart disable and vst itself. This feature has issue with some plugins and can't disable them completely. After I removed vst then cpu went down
So, was it diversion, causing the problems?

manducator wrote:
PVibe wrote:Ok thanks guys there was a problem with the smart disable and vst itself. This feature has issue with some plugins and can't disable them completely. After I removed vst then cpu went down
Yeah but it's better I say FL have compatibility issue with diversion and some other plugins, they will stay active even if smart disable be active. The only way is removing vst from project to free up CPU

I don't know other DAWS have this problem or not
Last edited by PVibe on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manducator wrote:
Yeah but it's better I say FL have compatibility issue with diversion and some other plugins, they will stay active even if smart disable be active. The only way is removing vst from project to free up CPU

I don't know other DAWS have this problem or not

Both my DAW's (not FL) have issues with certain plugins, each of them with different ones. So it seems incompatibilities are not as uncommon as you think...

hibidy wrote:Slightly related. I just uninstalled FL studio 11.1 x64 after having dropouts and cpu gargling.

i7 4770. Every year I test out FL studio thinking that the next version is somehow going to run better and it doesn't. I bitch about studio one's cpu handling but FL is so much worse.
I know that feeling... :cry:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”