German Pop/Rock-Song "Alles was ich tun kann"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi there!

hope you like this! feedback would be appreciated!

https://soundcloud.com/abiuslu/alles-was-ich-tun-kann

have a nice day!

abi

nice chorus :-)

thanks CableChannel :-)

Did you sing all harmony voices yourself? Did you compose them or did you just sing intuitively?

yes, i sang them myself (there are 4 vocal tracks in the bridge and the chorus).

Hm, as composition/improvisation is concerned, i didn´t compose them from some theoretical perspective. trial and error is the best description maybe!

Great song! I especially liked the bits of guitar filling in the gaps during the verses. Very tasteful.

Mix wise, I thought the chorus was too jam packed with something happening in all frequencies. I thought it would have been better with a little more space. Perhaps lowering the harmony vox levels might help?

hey frantz!

thanks for your nice comments on the song!

i´ll certainly have to rework the mix, you´re right. it´s not balanced well, i´ll try your suggestion on lowering the volume of the harmony voices, too.

Going through your SoundCloud now. This is another solid, powerful tune:

http://soundcloud.com/abiuslu/belki

Well done, sir. 8)

....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

thank you :-) i´ll have to think about this!
Last edited by abi on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frantz wrote:Going through your SoundCloud now. This is another solid, powerful tune:
8)
thank you so much! this is the result of a silly broken heart, a few pints of turkish beer and a sick summer heat. all trapped in a room in istanbul with the windows shut in order to be able to record vocals beside the traffic sound :-) i had to learn the solo afterwards, as i couldn´t play more than 2 bars straightly when i was recording :hihi:

Hi Abi,

das kann sich echt hören lassen! :tu:

Grüße nach Köln
M.

M.Brösel wrote:Hi Abi,

das kann sich echt hören lassen! :tu:

Grüße nach Köln
M.
Hallo Brösel!

Vielen Dank und Grüße zurück :)

"...in der Wüste Eisbär spielen" - Klasse Zeile!

Very catchy song, simple, but extremely memorable chorus, I am a bit envious. Classic German indiepop.
Just some very subjective remarks:
For my taste, the drumming could've been at lot simpler, there's too much happening which detracts from the vocals.
I would maybe try to make the lead vocal louder, I listened to this on my iPad first and had problems understanding the lyrics because the drums were overshadowing (is that an English word?.) the vocals. With headphones it was a bit better, but still, vocals and lyrics are very important here and should be the center of attention.
Grüße aus Bonn!

fese wrote:"...in der Wüste Eisbär spielen" - Klasse Zeile!

Very catchy song, simple, but extremely memorable chorus, I am a bit envious. Classic German indiepop.
Just some very subjective remarks:
For my taste, the drumming could've been at lot simpler, there's too much happening which detracts from the vocals.
I would maybe try to make the lead vocal louder, I listened to this on my iPad first and had problems understanding the lyrics because the drums were overshadowing (is that an English word?.) the vocals. With headphones it was a bit better, but still, vocals and lyrics are very important here and should be the center of attention.
Grüße aus Bonn!
Hi fese, thanks for the nice words and helpful comments!

The mix is indeed not there yet! Hopefully i´ll have the motivation to have another take on it...

As far as drums are concerned, I have totally fallen in love with the logic x drummer. as i only have to move a controller around in order to get the most complex beats, i´m really tempted to often by the new possibilities. less could be more i guess :-) Grüße nach Bonn!

have a nice weekend all!

Return to “Music Cafe”