Does Sample Tank 3 Require Installation on C Drive in Windows?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I installed to external drive and the stand-alone came up fine.
Then I imported some legacy instruments but they didn't show up on the Imported Instruments menu, although I could see that the instruments database was being updated with legacy content.
Then ST3 stopped working in stand-alone altogether and hasn't launched again even after reboot.
Is there some requirement that the program, plugin, and content need to be installed on the C drive (Windows 8.1)?

I have mine on D: which isn't my boot drive but is an internal drive.

Musical Gym wrote:I installed to external drive and the stand-alone came up fine.
Then I imported some legacy instruments but they didn't show up on the Imported Instruments menu, although I could see that the instruments database was being updated with legacy content.
Then ST3 stopped working in stand-alone altogether and hasn't launched again even after reboot.
Is there some requirement that the program, plugin, and content need to be installed on the C drive (Windows 8.1)?
Nope, I have it installed on E:.

Thanks guys. I'll keep "pluggin'" away at it. It also doesn't show up in my plugins in Studio One.

Working here in Studio One. Make sure it's the 64 bit versionof Studio One you are running.

LAGinz wrote:Working here in Studio One. Make sure it's the 64 bit versionof Studio One you are running.
thanks, that's what I'm using. It's coming up in FL 11.1 and is listed under VST3 plugins. At least I have a DAW that I can start using it in.

Return to “Instruments”