IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

I couldn't get the stand alone version to switch over to using my ASIO drivers. Had to stick with the DirectSound one. Keeps complaining that the selected audio device is not available. I assumed it was just my Focusrite Saffire though. Sometimes it has issues where some standard windows app locks in the sample rate. When that happens, apps that use ASIO have to do it at the same rate that the box is set to, if they try and make a rate change it fails. Not a big deal I suppose. If you do use the DirectSound option make sure to lower the buffer size. Mine was set to something like 4096, making playing it impossible due to the long delay.
-Matt

Is it possible to use the new sounds with the old ST2? This would make it easier if wanting to load old sounds into ST3, while still being able to load projects where ST2 was used.

Best Regards

Roman Empire

MickGael wrote:In the absence of a new thread:

Has anyone gotten the standalone version to launch?
Yes, the Mac version seems pretty solid. I did all my sample loading etc, into the standalone.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Roman Empire wrote:Is it possible to use the new sounds with the old ST2? This would make it easier if wanting to load old sounds into ST3, while still being able to load projects where ST2 was used.

Best Regards

Roman Empire
No, they are in a different format.

ST3 Library includes all the ST2 XL sounds, but in the ST3 format. Other ST2 instruments will need to be Imported into the ST3 Library. The ST2 library is not changed by the Import process.

To use both ST2 and ST3 you'll just need to keep both libraries available.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Still not able to import legacy libraries... :(

After installing snd pt. 01, snd pt. 02 I get this with the standalone :
standalone-after-importing-snd02-boost-filesystem-remove.jpg

boost::filesystem::remove

It seems to be related with the way ST3 import works (temp directories).

The last line of procmon is :
"09:57:29.0899163","SampleTank 3.exe","296","SetDispositionInformationFile","D:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\Imported Samples\SampleMoog\1970 Minimoog\temp","NOT EMPTY","Delete: True"

sorry that i didn't follow the complete thread but can someone tell me what happened to the reduced upgrade price for early adopters of sampletank XL (i only see one upgrade price of 119 €)?
thanks

RLSguitar wrote:
MickGael wrote:In the absence of a new thread:

Has anyone gotten the standalone version to launch?
I got mine to launch at first just after install, but when I went to change the device from Windows to ASIO, it crashed. I haven't been able to launch the standalone since, it continues to crash whenever I try to launch and never opens. However, it seems to work well as a VST in my DAW (Reaper). I'm looking more into it and will post when I have more details.
If you work in an environment Win7 try to activate the self-launch version of the program as administrator. I thus decided to issue a malfunction ST3 Standalone.

Gosh wrote:sorry that i didn't follow the complete thread but can someone tell me what happened to the reduced upgrade price for early adopters of sampletank XL (i only see one upgrade price of 119 €)?
thanks
If I understand your post correctly, there was no reduced price for early adopters.

There was a pre-order (pre-release) price for ST3. As it is now released, that price is no more. The current (introductory) prices run for 2 months.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

msorrels wrote:I couldn't get the stand alone version to switch over to using my ASIO drivers.
Doesn't work here either.

firepile wrote:
msorrels wrote:I couldn't get the stand alone version to switch over to using my ASIO drivers.
Doesn't work here either.
And here - exact same symptoms. (Win 7 x64). I can't believe IK didn't catch this issue in the beta testing. What are we doing wrong here?
Fernando (FMR)

Just a warning, if you switch the stand-alone version to ASIO and get the error message, the UI still shows ASIO as the selected driver. If you then exit Sampletank 3 stand alone and try and re-start it, it will crash on startup. In order to fix this I had to figure out/find and delete the Sampletank3 settings which seem to be stored in

%APPDATA%\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\SampleTank 3.settings

(On my Win 7 x64 system). I deleted this file and that would let the stand-alone version start again (using the DirectSound drivers). This file doesn't seem to contain the path to your sound library though, so deleting it only seemed to effect the stand-alone exe. It's just a small text/xml file so you can see what's in it. The version that was crashing had ASIO as the selected driver.
-Matt

Rajah wrote:
bigcat1969 wrote:Good news is you can use each file individually so get part 3 first it has the pianos. And they are nice.

Just got this in my inbox... Sounds Great too.

http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?Prod ... e=nl140724

BTW Peter, Sampletank 3 is a winner.. Congrats Sir. :love:
Isn't that rather expensive for so few presets, and only 392MB of data? (The MSRP of $99 I mean, getting it free if you buy ST3 from Esoundz obviously isn't a problem!)

Has anybody produced some audio demos of their own yet? Any Youtube videos? I know it's early in the day, but I'm sure there are loads of us who didn't buy it, who really want to see what it can do.

My first impressions are quite favourable. The interface is a lot easier on the eyes, there have been no crashes (yet) either in Logic or standalone. Importation of legacy instruments went without any significant issues.

My quibble would be, at this point:

Menu structure. Something like Omnisphere's menu structure would be better, rather than having all those triangles and sub-triangles open. It would also be good if the combis for the legacy instruments were broken down into categories for each instrument. Other than that, I am quite pleased with ST3. It is what it is, and I probably won't use some of the new instruments, given I have dedicated instruments for drums and a couple of other things, but there is a lot of good stuff there. For the pre-order price, I would say it was definitely worth it.

YMMV,

Bombadil
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

DarkStar wrote:
Gosh wrote:sorry that i didn't follow the complete thread but can someone tell me what happened to the reduced upgrade price for early adopters of sampletank XL (i only see one upgrade price of 119 €)?
thanks
If I understand your post correctly, there was no reduced price for early adopters.

There was a pre-order (pre-release) price for ST3. As it is now released, that price is no more. The current (introductory) prices run for 2 months.
thanks darkstar, this is what i know and have seen. however, when it became clear that sampletank 3 was finally going to happen there was some talk about a special upgrade price for early adopters of sampletank 2 (before these ridicuoulus price drops for sampletank and powered by sampletank instruments started). so, i was just wondering what happened to that anouncement. but, nevermind, i think i won't upgrade. i'm covered with kontakt and halionsonic.
cheers

Yeah, the "loyalty discount" never materialized.

Apparently everyone got the "same great deal" instead. :/
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Return to “Instruments”