IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Had no problems downloading, installing or importing whatsoever, I'm all set and ready to use it in future projects. I've gotton used to it already. When is S4 coming out? :x

dsan@mail.com wrote: BenH, notice the offer states "introductory price". Those that took advantage of the "preorder price" got a bit better deal.

The upgrade intro price is 149.99, so if you apply the max jam points savings it works out to be 105 and change. That is if my math is correct and the offer is what I understand.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Yes, I know.... I can read.

As I stated people who pre-ordered were able to get it CHEAPER than the "loyalty discount" offer.

Also there is not really ANY difference between the "loyalty discount" price and the pre-order price. So there is not really any incentive for being "loyal" :/
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Been dl'ing since 6pm last evening. Still at it - 9:38am now.

I have a 1Gps system and I'm getting speeds of less than 200kps. :dog:

I'm more concerned though with a lot of the posts I'm reading.

Crashes, can't get it to start, installation method (come on, one at a time? - every one else is batch installing. Numanoid was right with his suggestion!), migrating legacy instruments, etc, etc.

Barring user malfunction it seems a lot of the same issues for a lot of users.
You'd think that after a ten years wait there would be no issues.

BUT.....not gonna let it get to me until I've had the chance to unrar. :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Ben H wrote:...Yes, I know.... I can read.
Geeze man, sorry. Didn't mean to offend you.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

dsan@mail.com wrote:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
You didn't offend me...
Trust me, you would KNOW if you had offended me. :P

Take care. ;)
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote:.....Also there is not really ANY difference between the "loyalty discount" price and the pre-order price. So there is not really any incentive for being "loyal" :/

Strictly from an observational viewpoint, it is my opinion IKM is a company that feels customers are a commodity rather than an investment.

I recognize this trait as I work for a company with similar behavior.

This is not to mean they don't have some value for customers but they just don't think and do those things that have the customer's best interest in mind.

I think it best to consider customers an investment in the long run.

But every company has their own way of doing things.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

Ben H wrote:
dsan@mail.com wrote:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
You didn't offend me...
Trust me, you would KNOW if you had offended me. :P

Take care. ;)
Perhaps I'm the sensitive one this morning :)

I'll go take my sensitivity pill now :D

Thanks - you take care too ;)

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

Gosh wrote:
jensa wrote:
Ben H wrote:Yeah, the "loyalty discount" never materialized.

Apparently everyone got the "same great deal" instead. :/
"Users who purchased and registered SampleTank 2 XL, Miroslav Philharmonik full, Total Workstation, or Total Studio up to 2009 will automatically receive free JamPoints in their User Area. Use these free JamPoints (45 JamPoints if you are purchasing it in Dollar, 36 JamPoints if you are purchasing it in EUR) on the IK Online Store to redeem 30% off the introductory price of SampleTank 3."

Taken from http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=4464
interesting, but no jam points in my account (and i certainly qualify according to the rules you quoted)
I purchased ST 2XL in 2006 and no jam points have been added yet :?

From my observations, it seems the Mac version is causing fewer problems than the Windows version. As I've said, everything went pretty smoothly here, notwithstanding the glitches in the downloads. I am running the latest version of Logic X and my OSX is also the latest version. Now that I have the nuts and bolts set up, I am going to dig right in and see what it can do.

The manual needs a re-write, though.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote:From my observations, it seems the Mac version is causing fewer problems than the Windows version. As I've said, everything went pretty smoothly here, notwithstanding the glitches in the downloads. I am running the latest version of Logic X and my OSX is also the latest version. Now that I have the nuts and bolts set up, I am going to dig right in and see what it can do.

The manual needs a re-write, though.

Reading through since the arrival, I agree there seems to be fewer issues on the Mac side.

Sorry to hear the manual doesn't meet expectations. Easy enough to get quickly bored with those things but still...one needs a good starting reference.

Have fun Bombadil! Make some music...woohooo...:tu:

Plan to myself once I can get through the day job :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

Jrrshop seem to be stocking now.

LoopyFruit wrote:I purchased ST 2XL in 2006 and no jam points have been added yet :?
Give it week or two.

Our I.T. department is rolling through checking the status of bonus JamPoints for users that meet the requirements. Look for an update soon, sorry for any confusion.

Okay, importing lots of old ST2 libraries is somewhat of a right pain. Thanks to the fact that the import function brings in a folder under a single 'name' it kinda means having to import each library one at a time. And each time you do so, it immediately rebuilds the instrument database, making it an extra process that gets longer and longer with each library added. It doesnt help that you cant move stuff out of 'Imported Instruments' in the browser either.

Yes, you can cancel it when it starts rebuilding, but a checkbox on the import dialogue for people bringing in lots of libraries at a time would be saner.

Ironically, if a library import fails due to errors then it doesnt do the library rebuild -even though- samples and presets -have- been added to the ST3 file structure and will get found the next time the instrument database gets rebuilt.

The handling of failed imports is a bit poor, btw. The report can't be cut and pasted as text, and the box is too small to display it clearly. Plus its actually not even clear to me whether the import just ignores the items that failed, or stops at that point. Some clarification would be nice.
The fact that some 'standard' ST2 libraries have had import problems is slightly disconcerting too. Ive had some errors in SonikSynth2 and Rare Instruments - Electronic so far, I'll retest them with clean installs of the libraries.

For the record, as a standalone here, Im getting the same crash on switching to ASIO as reported here already, but its defaulting back to DirectSound the next time I open it. Seems okay under Bidule. Win7 x64.
Last edited by whyterabbyt on Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Quick question to those who were successful with legacy import. Have you installed all 8 sound content packs?

Return to “Instruments”