0%
Caustic
0%

Total votes: 1069

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hink wrote:when you reach the top there is only one direction to go :P

Across?

As of June 2014 OS X users represented 6.73% of the market. That means logic is doing amazingly well :wink:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_sh ... _computers

FL Studio, because of the interface, the keyboard shortcuts, the very clear and easy to follow online help/manual, and most importantly, the piano roll, which no other DAW even comes close to (unless I've missed one of them recently). And for the up and coming vector version!

basslinemaster wrote:And for the up and coming vector version!
This is a strong advantage. As my eyes get worse and resolutions higher (and because I switched from desktops to 17-18" laptops a few years ago), the pretty but crowded interfaces of many DAWs are becoming a bit of an issue. I hope other developers will follow Image-Line's lead.

Armadillosound wrote:As of June 2014 OS X users represented 6.73% of the market. That means logic is doing amazingly well :wink:
Does that mean "music computer user market" or "regular computer user market"?

I don't think that OS X represents "just" 6.73% of the music computer user market, therefore, your conclusions are, at least, grossly unfounded!
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
Armadillosound wrote:As of June 2014 OS X users represented 6.73% of the market. That means logic is doing amazingly well :wink:
Does that mean "music computer user market" or "regular computer user market"?

I don't think that OS X represents "just" 6.73% of the music computer user market, therefore, your conclusions are, at least, grossly unfounded!
That was computer users in general. You're quite right that when it comes to music that proportion would change quite dramatically.
Guess there must be a good reason for that :wink:
I still think Logic is doing well in the poll though.
I also still think that everyone should use what suits them most and that there is no best DAW. Just lots of very,very good ones. :)
We are lucky to have so many great options available.

pdxindy wrote:
billcarroll wrote:I do use cubase primarily and I believe cubase has more users
178 to 140 says otherwise... :hihi:
Err... this is a poll on an internet audio forum. It is not at all representative for what people are really using. I never saw Hans Zimmer or any other famous music producer posting here either, so... More of a sign of popularity of Reaper among KVR forum posters, or rather people who read this thread... nothing else. And we all know by now that Reaper folks like to participate in polls. :clown:

HanafiH wrote:That's Phil Collins that is. He's a World Famous Cubase User. Recorded all the DEMO tracks for his 2010 hit album 'Going Back' at home using Cubase. Then, the engineer re-recorded it using Protools.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan11/a ... t-0111.htm

Cubase is wonderful.
Fixed that for ya. :wink:

chk071 wrote:....we all know by now that Reaper folks like to participate in polls. :clown:
...and spend less money on DAWs. :hihi:

Still with Logic 9 here.
I will upgrade sooner or later but i feel very comfortable with 9, so not on a rush.
I would like to see the native plugins get some new graphical interfaces, because i really dislike the current ones. :x
Of course, that does not stop me from using them, i love Ulrtabeat and ES2, but damn, those interfaces! :?

It would also be nice to see the effects of the buying of Redmatica on wherever they are going to use it, be it on the EXS, a new redesigned sampler or on the audio editor or something..

NNevez wrote:Still with Logic 9 here.
I will upgrade sooner or later but i feel very comfortable with 9, so not on a rush.
I would like to see the native plugins get some new graphical interfaces, because i really dislike the current ones. :x
Of course, that does not stop me from using them, i love Ulrtabeat and ES2, but damn, those interfaces! :?

It would also be nice to see the effects of the buying of Redmatica on wherever they are going to use it, be it on the EXS, a new redesigned sampler or on the audio editor or something..
Retro in Logic X has a nice clear interface, sounds good too.
There is a lot more to Drummer than first meets the eye as well.
I agree about the Ultrabeat and ES2 GUI's they really could be better.

I'm not really happy with anything I have used or tested so far, basically I am using the lesser evil...

Retro in Logic X has a nice clear interface, sounds good too.
There is a lot more to Drummer than first meets the eye as well.
I agree about the Ultrabeat and ES2 GUI's they really could be better.[/quote]

Yeah, Retro looks and sounds nice from the videos i´ve seen. The MIDI effects are also a big plus in Logic X. Not very familiar with Drummer since i have not seen any videos of it, only an introduction when Logic X came out.
I am planning to start using Logic X when i buy a new computer.
I am still on a 2007 Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro and it is getting harder and harder for it to withstand the CPU demands of modern plugins. :x
I mean, a three note chord on Bazzille really shoots the CPU to the sky and i get a lot of crackles in the sound! :(

I read somewhere that Retro is ES2 but with a new interface - is that not correct?

aMUSEd wrote:I read somewhere that Retro is ES2 but with a new interface - is that not correct?
I didn't read it, but for me it sounds very much like a derivative product (a simplified ES2 with a "retro" skin). But it would be easy to check. What we'd have to do is just replicate the controls of retro in ES2, put the rest of them in their default position, and see if they sound alike.
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”