1.0.11 freezes and get recovered back and forth on my system.

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone experience that the program acts like it freezes for a certain period of time, but after a few seconds it will get recovered as normal? This behavior cycles over and over since I have updated to 1.0.11.

Now I have downgraded to 1.0.10 and seems like it works fine.

Core i7 930 / 12GB RAM / Windows 7(64bit) / Avid 003 Rack

Yes, I had a freeze happen this morning when I tried to close a Kontakt 5 window.

After waiting several minutes with the spinning circle of wait, I closed BWS by the "X" at top right of main window.

A couple of seconds later the K5 window closed and I got the "Do you want to save...." notification.

I did not attempt to save and just shut BWS down so I don't know if anything saved and I lost the work I had done, which really did not matter to me.

I had to head off to work :cry:

I have not submitted a bug report as I did not have the time to investigate further and thought it to be just one of those quirky moments.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

had 3 of those thus far, whilst grabbing a clip from my library it froze on me, nothing major as I was just
testing out some ideas.

In my case, it happens all the time and it's totally unusable. I thought that because the program is scanning and make a database of something for the first time, but when launching the program at the second or third time, nothing has changed. During the freezing period, the audio is still running without any crackle or popping noise, but I can't do anything (i.e. searching samples or instruments in target search.)

+1 Freezes for 3sec then fine for 5 sec then Freezes again, Sound doed not stutter only the display Freezes.
Windows 8.1

scottt wrote:+1 Freezes for 3sec then fine for 5 sec then Freezes again, Sound doed not stutter only the display Freezes.
Windows 8.1
+1
even starting bitwig main program became sluggy :dog:
windows7

Same thing happens to me too, after updating to 1.0.11. Unisnstalled it and reinstalled it 3 times.
Had to downgrade to 1.0.10.
Win7 64bit

So this is happening randomly? All the time? Only on Windows?
Is it somehow connected to doing certain things? Using the Browser? Arranger? Clips?

No such problems here on Windows 8.1.u x64. I seem to have a truly blessed system...

Be sure to report it to tech support with as many detail and circumstances as possible - this sounds like one of the harder to track ones.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:So this is happening randomly? All the time? Only on Windows?
Is it somehow connected to doing certain things? Using the Browser? Arranger? Clips?
All the time. During that period, can't select any commands, type or click anything. I didn't try either on Mac or Linux.

It might be conflicting with some plugins in my PC. Maybe try deselecting my VST folder and see what's gonna happen...

Could it be connected to your power settings? Are you running at "High Performance" so that the processor doesn't toggle between states?
What kind of graphic system do you have?

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

I have a theory that this is related to some changes we did in how we detect when removable media is inserted or removed on windows.

I suspect you have a hard drive in sleep mode which is being polled, causing it to wake up and the gui to freeze while doing so.
Can you hear any drives spinning up as the freeze is happening? Can you try to turn off the sleep mode of your hard drive and make sure no external drives are connected? Also it would be interesting to see the drive configurations for those of you who experience these problems (drive type, how many, etc..).

cheers,
- claes

in my case, the freezing occurs when I drag midi clips from my library to the arranger, though just realized yesterday that it only occurs when I drag midi clips with their accompanying vsts and effects to the default instrument 1 instance that's available when you open up bitwig, dragging to a new track lane fixes the problem.

still this needs some attention :phones:

I've tested with removing the sample content and plugins folder (which is the default status) in order to make sure if some folders or plugins conflict with Bitwig. Still no luck, freezing issue continues...

Return to “Bitwig”