IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

After using sample tank for a short time i must say the sound is really great, string ensambles are the best i ever heard. User interface is great easy to use. Havent tried effects but i own some ao im sure they are great. In general its definatly good product, all rounder wich is worth to have if you are in search for tool that lrovide you with high quality real instruments.

Here are the things that can be improved:

-Key zones could.be marked, because some instruments arent mapped to full keyboard only to one or two octaves wich sometimes can lead to miss or hit when searching for a sound.
-Arpeggiator and gator, those are just needed
-customise rhytmic sequences on each key (like in NI action strings/strikes)
-Filter envelopes could be smoother, now they feel like being too "sensitive"
-Library isnt that much all rounder, but close. Couldve had more atmospheric, soundtrack type sounds and effects

paulbreeze wrote:Quick question to those who were successful with legacy import. Have you installed all 8 sound content packs?

I've installed all 8 and imported Sonik Synth 2, Samplemoog, etc.

paulbreeze wrote:Quick question to those who were successful with legacy import. Have you installed all 8 sound content packs?
I have, and Ive got one more folder of libraries to import, but so far Ive done all the IK ST2 libraries (SS2, MP, ST, SM yada yada), plus a fairly large number of esoundz libraries and expansions (about 15 of them). Ive only had import issues with presets from two of those libraries ( a couple in Soniksynth2, and a couple in Rare Instruments - Electronic), so about 4 or 5 failed presets out of a umpty-thousand.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

It would also be great to have it only rescan the newly-added elements, which I believe is what we're targeting as a solution at the moment. PM and Development are aware and it is on the list.

If there were specific factory instruments or presets, etc that had issues in your import process please let me know what they were (if you've documented them, of course). I can have the team look directly at these in these cases.

Thank you.

themachinelt wrote:After using sample tank for a short time i must say the sound is really great, string ensambles are the best i ever heard. User interface is great easy to use. Havent tried effects but i own some ao im sure they are great. In general its definatly good product, all rounder wich is worth to have if you are in search for tool that lrovide you with high quality real instruments.

Here are the things that can be improved:

-Key zones could.be marked, because some instruments arent mapped to full keyboard only to one or two octaves wich sometimes can lead to miss or hit when searching for a sound.
-Arpeggiator and gator, those are just needed
-customise rhytmic sequences on each key (like in NI action strings/strikes)
-Filter envelopes could be smoother, now they feel like being too "sensitive"
-Library isnt that much all rounder, but close. Couldve had more atmospheric, soundtrack type sounds and effects
Thank you. A couple of questions, though:

Does the ZONE button not highlight the zones for you? Please let me know if this is not what you mean or does not work for you in the expected manner.

For rhythmic sequences, we do have MIDI patterns that can be dragged onto a key on the keyboard and routed to an instrument if that helps (you can also drag patterns into your DAW, but that's not what you are looking for here for sure).

The other suggestions are noted, I just didn't have any real questions about them :) Thank you

When did the jam points system start, lots of people seem exempt.

Peter, can you customize the key-switches to wherever you want them? I don't have an 88 key controller.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

topaz wrote:When did the jam points system start, lots of people seem exempt.
People who meet the requirements for the bonus JamPoints will get them, regardless if JamPoints existed when they registered their products or not.

Can you explain this then ?

"Hi Matt

Thanks for your email.
No you won't have got Jampoints for that serial number, it was before we had started the Jampoint system.

All the best

Paul"

Bombadil wrote:Peter, can you customize the key-switches to wherever you want them? I don't have an 88 key controller.
That is not an option at this time, sorry. I've relayed this suggestion, though, and in the mean time there may be some "coverage" of the articulation switching as MW or VS versions or the events can be inserted as MIDI events later if used in a recording context if that helps. Again, I've relayed the suggestion though.

topaz wrote:Can you explain this then ?

"Hi Matt

Thanks for your email.
No you won't have got Jampoints for that serial number, it was before we had started the Jampoint system.

All the best

Paul"
That sounds like it is in the context of JamPoints for a purchase. I am speaking of the bonus JamPoints that is mentioned in the news about the SampleTank 3 release. Those are different and have nothing to do with when JamPoints were started. If you have a pre-2009 registration of SampleTank XL or Miroslav Full in your account, you will receive the bonus JamPoints automatically.

yes. I was successful after only installing the first zip, though, which, as Peter said, defines the file structure for the Legacy instruments.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote:
yes. I was successful after only installing the first zip, though, which, as Peter said, defines the file structure for the Legacy instruments.
Good to hear. For those that still may have questions or issues, we also have this FAQ entry for this at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/3646

Seems I never.

I think a few notes on the bass marimba is out of tune on the second octave. Or have I done something I shouldn't have?

Return to “Instruments”