Changed to more general thread about tweaking options

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When starting a thread in the market place, would it be possible that the option "Notify me when a reply is posted" already is ticked by default.

When I have started sales threads there myself I have forgot to tick that option, and will then not be alerted when somebody reply to the thread, without checking it manually.

I think most sellers want to be alerted when somebody asks about their product for sale.
Last edited by Numanoid on Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:When starting a thread in the market place, would it be possible that the option "Notify me when a reply is posted" already is ticked by default.

When I have started sales threads there myself I have forgot to tick that option, and will then not be alerted when somebody reply to the thread, without checking it manually.

I think most sellers want to be alerted when somebody asks about their product for sale.
It's only available as a global option: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=post

While we're on the subject of options.

I'd like a bit more space in my PM box. I'd also just like to donate to the cause.

Is it possible that we could have some kind of upgrade feature for KVR where we pay maybe a fiver or a tenner a year to get extra space?

I know that KVR'rs are the cheapest motherfuckers on the planet, often times saying 'thanks' is too much effort for them, but you know, I'd happily pay to have my inbox enlarged. No need for the bullshit of gold member this and silver member that - just a simple upgrade - no one has to know, and it in no way affects how everybody else uses the site.

It's also a little way to just donate and say thanks to the site. I'm sure you're not struggling to find your next tin of baked beans, Ben, but..

That reminds me. WTF did I put it? I figured if I was hungry enough I would find it...

Just a thought, but I wouldn't mind paying even if it was just for a bit of extra server space for my PMs.

codec_spurt wrote:Just a thought, but I wouldn't mind paying even if it was just for a bit of extra server space for my PMs.
I also note that my PM box is getting full.

An option to export them as text for storage elsewhere, would be good

Numanoid wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:Just a thought, but I wouldn't mind paying even if it was just for a bit of extra server space for my PMs.
I also note that my PM box is getting full.

An option to export them as text for storage elsewhere, would be good
There will be no two-tier KVR system. You have our full assurances on that.

All men are equal. Even the girls.

And those with empty PM boxes will be treated like those with overlflowing to bursting PM boxes. Hey, it's not cos we are popular, we have just been around a while, that is all. Trying to track that copy of FM7 I bought in 2006 gets a bit hairy, if I have to track it down and back it up. One of many.

I now welcome those that say: Oh you just back up your PM box by going here and doing this>

It's ok.

I didn't really want to give KVR money just for the f**k of it. Well, maybe I did. I do it for other websites that I love. They are never greedy. They ask maybe 5-10 dollars a year. And no one that doesn't pay is made to feel any worse off - they just don't have as big an inbox. It is the more mature members taking them up on this for being lazy and not backing their stuff up.

Still, if you don't want my money, that is ok with me, just seems strange in this day and age where you have created this thing and you now have a chance to 'leverage' (god I hate that word almost as much as the people that use it) it and you go all Vicky Pollard on us.

KvR, never to be rich, but always man of the people. Works for me.

Return to “Site Stuff”