IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Bombadil wrote:Peter, I just set up an FX array on the master track, but am having trouble finding it, when scrolling through the effects. It saved in 'Effects Presets' folder. Do I have to rebuild the entire data base again for it to show up?
Odd, you should not have to do that. Did you try restarting SampleTank 3? Though that's yet another thing you shouldn't have to do so let me know if you did and if it worked/works.
Yes, I tried re-starting, tried rebuilding the database. The file is in that folder, though I had to do a search on my computer to find it. It does not show up in the drop down FX menu, nor is it in any of the sub-menus, which, in that folder, are completely empty. This was a group of FX I wanted put on the Master out, so I wouldn't have to re-load the set every time I loaded ST. There isn't any way to lock the fx on the master out either, afaics.

BTW, the installer put the Effects Presets folder in my 'Documents' folder, not in the folder with the rest of the ST3 stuff. I guess the only way I can do this is to develop a multi with those fx inserted on the the master track, and save it as some sort of generic template.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Downloading the ST3 sounds now. Where does one actually set the path to the library ?

Bombadil wrote:
Bombadil wrote:Peter, I just set up an FX array on the master track, but am having trouble finding it, when scrolling through the effects. It saved in 'Effects Presets' folder. Do I have to rebuild the entire data base again for it to show up?
Odd, you should not have to do that. Did you try restarting SampleTank 3? Though that's yet another thing you shouldn't have to do so let me know if you did and if it worked/works.
Yes, I tried re-starting, tried rebuilding the database. The file is in that folder, though I had to do a search on my computer to find it. It does not show up in the drop down FX menu, nor is it in any of the sub-menus, which, in that folder, are completely empty. This was a group of FX I wanted put on the Master out, so I wouldn't have to re-load the set every time I loaded ST. There isn't any way to lock the fx on the master out either, afaics.

BTW, the installer put the Effects Presets folder in my 'Documents' folder, not in the folder with the rest of the ST3 stuff. I guess the only way I can do this is to develop a multi with those fx inserted on the the master track, and save it as some sort of generic template.
Let me step back for a second. I may have assumed you did this already but did you click on the small "+" button on the bottom right of the FX inserts? That is where your preset should be.

Jim Roseberry wrote:
valerian_777 wrote:
Jim Roseberry wrote: You have an expensive card but sharing ASIO drivers are supported? (maybe your ASIO is just used in another application as you opened Standalone).
No other audio applications open...
Just for good measure, I also rebooted the machine (just to make sure a previous app wasn't "holding on" to the audio interface driver). Same behavior. Reports no ASIO driver available.
I'll file a support ticket.
Have the same problem. Contacted support, and all they could suggest was to uninstall/reinstall. Of course, this did not help. This is clearly a problem with ST3, all other audio programs work fine with ASIO, including Amplitube.

FrankT wrote:Downloading the ST3 sounds now. Where does one actually set the path to the library ?
You can choose the destination when you run the installer or you can just move it all once it is done then point ST3 to the new location.

Bombadil wrote:

Let me step back for a second. I may have assumed you did this already but did you click on the small "+" button on the bottom right of the FX inserts? That is where your preset should be.
Ok. I found it, thanks. It could use a bit more contrast. I ain't 18, ya know! :oops:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

Ok. I found it, thanks. It could use a bit more contrast. I ain't 18, ya know! :oops:
Well now I could say something REALLY untoward but I won't :P

Hey now!

THAT'S how all the other ST3 threads got locked ya know. :x

:hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

On another note, I'm a bit miffed.

6 of the 8 sound zips are corrupt. :cry:

Down loading......AGAIN :x

:scared:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Hi,

I have installed all Sampletank 3 sounds and imported Miroslav and all work fine. However when I try to import Sonic Synth 2 I get the following error about half way through the import boost::filesystem::remove

This is a different error than the boost::filesystem::create_directories that a few people have been getting.

As I said all Sampletank 3 sounds are fully installed and working nicely. I even reinstalled Sonic Synth to see if it made a difference. It doesn't.

Anyone else getting this?
Any ideas?

Thank you.

ASIO Driver Crash Workaround for ST3 Standalone in WIN7x64

I have cross-posted this on the IKM forums ST3 thread here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewt ... 266#p45266

Peter, perhaps this may be useful for the IKM support team to determine a solution to this issue/bug? This is something that I hope IKM will want to address.

---------------------------------------------------------

For those of us on Win7x64 with the ST3 standalone crashing or prompting errors with ASIO driver selected as Audio Device, here's a workaround that worked for me:

- 1 - Navigate to and open the "SampleTank 3.settings" file in a text editor:
  • C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\SampleTank 3.settings
  • To open this file, right-click on it and select "Open with..." from the context menu and choose your text editor.
- 2 - Edit the audio device settings as follows:
  • The file contains the following XML code (or something similar):
  • Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<PROPERTIES>
      <VALUE name="audioDeviceState">
        <DEVICESETUP deviceType="ASIO" audioOutputDeviceName="" audioInputDeviceName=""/>
        </DEVICESETUP>
      </VALUE>
      <VALUE name="midiIsAny" val="0"/>
    </PROPERTIES>
  • Note that the settings for "audioOutputDeviceName" and "audioInputDeviceName" are empty. Enter the name for your corresponding ASIO audio interface within the quotes following each setting, as follows (in my case, my audio device is "OCTA-CAPTURE"):

<PROPERTIES>
        <DEVICESETUP deviceType="ASIO" audioOutputDeviceName="OCTA-CAPTURE" audioInputDeviceName="OCTA-CAPTURE">
          <MIDIINPUT name="MIDI (OCTA-CAPTURE)"/>
        </DEVICESETUP>
      </VALUE>
    </PROPERTIES>
  • To find your audio device name, open your ASIO driver/audio interface configuration settings in Windows Control Panel. Alternatively, look in your DAW software audio device ASIO settings. In Reaper, the audio device settings are located in the "REAPER Preferences" dialog under the "Options" menu item:

- 3 - Save the "SampleTank 3.settings" file and run ST3 standalone.
  • If it opens, go into the Audio/MIDI settings in ST3 and configure as you wish. ST3 started working for me after this. After exiting ST3, the "SampleTank 3.settings" file will read something like this:

<PROPERTIES>
        <DEVICESETUP deviceType="ASIO" audioOutputDeviceName="OCTA-CAPTURE" audioInputDeviceName="OCTA-CAPTURE"
                     audioDeviceRate="48000" audioDeviceOutChans="11">
          <MIDIINPUT name="MIDI (OCTA-CAPTURE)"/>
        </DEVICESETUP>
      </VALUE>
    </PROPERTIES>
Hope this helps some of you with this issue. I will post later about my other experiences and issues installing ST3, stay tuned...
Last edited by RLSguitar on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

Did I miss something ? ST3 is not finding any content labeled ST 2 Xl.........(or something similar I'm not on the studio computer at the moment)

All 8 parts installed correctly....at least I think they did. Is the ST2XL content contained in one of the zips ?

Other than that I'm happy with ST3 so far....... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The samples for ST2 are in zip #8.

paterpeter wrote:The samples for ST2 are in zip #8.
Thanks...maybe I forgot to install that one.......... :)

EDIT: Thanks, that did it........I could have sworn I installed all 8 parts but obviously not....... :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Manually creating a settings file with the correct asio driver added got my stand alone working. Thanks for the tip RLSguitar. I didn't even have one.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Return to “Instruments”