Unsatisfied with Trilian for synth basses - is Diva the best?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva

Gribs wrote:Everyone has their own personal preference.

I like the bass sounds that I can get from many different softies. I would just try a few demos and see which one grabs you. One that hasn't been mentioned that I like is Arturia SEM-V. I just like its sound. I have messed with a friend's original vintage SEM module and own a Studio Electronics Boomstar SEM that makes some bubbly, chewy bass sounds, and the Arturia SEM-V synth does a decent facsimile ITB.
SEM-V is one of my favourites too. Very underrated. I also like Trilian. I think those two cover most bases, when it comes to basses. Another that doesn't get enough mentions that can be great for analogue synth bass sounds is Poly-Ana.

Trancit wrote:nothing than hot air 8)
You got that right... :D
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Gribs wrote:Everyone has their own personal preference.
This... :tu:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

fluffy_little_something wrote:First and foremost you need a cool bass line :)
:tu:

This is the most important part...

Well - after you have a strong song...

The sound is always a secondary consideration...

Like they say...You can't polish a turd :wink:
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:First and foremost you need a cool bass line :)
:tu:

This is the most important part...

Well - after you have a strong song...

The sound is always a secondary consideration...

Like they say...You can't polish a turd :wink:
Totally agree a great bassline can sound great with many different sounds.
It's all about the hook :D

Raddler1 wrote:What about ACE guys? Do you think it's comparable to Diva for basses??
It should be similar as it has, I believe, DIVA's moog oscillator and filter. I don't know if it's like Zebra where the algorithms are the same but need to be coaxed into doing the same thing. It intuitively makes sense that ACE should be less of hassle in that regard.

IOW, I have no idea. :P

Trancit wrote:To be honest... this thread seems again to me as a lot of fanboyism...

To be honest again, I demoed Diva and I didn´t hear those highly praised übersounds from this synth, which is from what I´ve read here, ages ahead of all others on the market...
It's possible that what you're looking for doesn't really depend on the advantages that Diva yields. So when you do encounter those sounds, you don't appreciate why you need Diva.
I really like to hear some of these sounds, which cannot be done with any other piece of software out there...
Please show me those supadupa sounds, which blow my mind away... I am really curious!
Why don't you tell us what synth that you like and post a sound that you like, then people will get an idea of where you're coming from. For a lot of people who are really into analogue synths, it's hard to beat the current crop of really good synths including Diva and Monark. These synths are better because the underlying technology is better, it isn't fanboism.

So, if you think that some other synth is just as good, you should tell us what it is?

Trancit wrote:To be honest again, I demoed Diva and I didn´t hear those highly praised übersounds from this synth, which is from what I´ve read here, ages ahead of all others on the market...
It is for fans of a certain sound. The OP mentioned Human League, that's a good indication of the kind of sound we're discussing. If you're interested in sounding like Human League (I'm personally not interested in sounding like their actual music but I adore their synth sounds), you'll appreciate the sounds DIVA makes.

I'm assuming by your name, Trancit, that you're a fan of trance and popular EDM. In that case, DIVA might not be the kind of sound you're after since most people making those forms of music these days are not using analog synths. Please tell me if I've made an incorrect assumption about your taste in music, I apologize in advance if I have.

ghettosynth wrote:These synths are better because the underlying technology is better, it isn't fanboism.
That sums it up beautifully. :tu:

Uncle E wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:These synths are better because the underlying technology is better, it isn't fanboism.
Yup... I agree. :)

Love all of 'em. Even Diva. My only problem with Diva was the demo. I could not tell which audio glitches were demo restrictions and which were CPU problems. Not with any degree of certainty. So I bought it, and have the same problems and glitches. Easily remedied in a few months' time, hopefully.

I think the choice of sound for a bassline can depend on the tune. The average listener just thinks that they either like or dislike the tune. They don't analyse what vsti was used. Many years ago I had an SH-101 and a Moog Prodigy both great for bass, both very different. Ultimately though it is the bassline itself that counts. That said if someone is looking for Human League type sounds then Trilian is probably not ideal. It's not just about the initial sound though, the way it is processed makes a huge difference.

Uncle E wrote:
+1

Tal Elektro, Charlatan,minimoogV, OBXD, FreeAlpha3, Asynth :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

It's been said before, and I'll agree....Diva is good, but honestly, there's something about it's sound that bothers me....I can't put my finger on it, it's just not that magical. I actually prefer ACE.

Return to “Instruments”