OSA - Old School Arps - Kontakt Library by CL-Projects

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OSA - Old School Arps - Kontakt Library by CL-Projects

The Berlin School electronic genre of music was first made in Berlin in the 1970's, hence the name, by electronic music artists like Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze and Ashra. Typically for this type of music are the evolving, atmospheric and hypnotic layered sequencer textures. The sound consists basically of ambient elements combined with short, repeating sequenced runs of notes, which gives the music a rhythmic element.

OSA is a Kontakt 5 library developed by CL-Projects (The brains behind JD-850 and Virologic) aimed at this genre of electronic music from the 1970's and 1980's and consists out of vintage arpeggios, and a few modern ones too. Inspired by musicians like Jean Michel Jarre, Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze, Michael Hoenig and countless others. If you like this kind of music, you won't be disappointed by this library. But of course nobody can keep you from using this library for other styles of electronic music. Because the library is all about arpeggios, mimicking the old analog sequencers, the arpeggios are in straight time signatures (1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64 and 1/128) and triplet time signatures (1/2T, 1/4T, 1/8T and 1/16T). Most used in this library are the 1/8, 1/16, 1/32 and 1/8T and 1/16T time signatures.

The patches are divided into three folders, two folders ‘Building Blocks’ and ‘Arpeggios’ which in turn are divided into two folders, 'Straight' and 'Triplets' and one folder with ‘One Shot’ patches. The patches in the ‘Building Blocks’ folder are single arpeggios, one instrument, meant to contruct multi-layered arpeggios. The multi-layered arpeggios can be found in the ‘Arpeggios’ folder and they are the ones that will give you that ‘Berlin School Electronic Music’ sound and feeling. The patches in the ‘One Shot’ folder can be used to make your own rhythms in your DAW instead of using the Kontakt arpeggiator. Patches that use Aftertouch and the Modulation Wheel as modulator for the Filter are marked with AT and MW.

All the parameters are on one page and ready for you to tweak. A patch exists out of two oscillators, which in their turn exist out of an Amplifier and a Filter section. The parameters can only be edited when the Oscillator is switched on.OSA uses four different effects to further sculpture the sound. The effects are: Reverb, Delay, Chrorus and Phaser. The effects' 'Time' and 'speed' parameters sync to the Host tempo. Finally there is the Arpeggiator section of course to create and edit the Arpeggios. Only available when the Arpeggiator is switched on.

Library Features:
- For Kontakt 5.1 and higher
- 24bit 44.100 Khz ncw samples
- 50 different waveforms per oscillator
- 24 samples per patch, 12 per oscillator (76 notes)
- Velocity and Aftertouch responsive
- Patches divided into Straight, Triplets and One Shot (seperate folders)
- 6 folders containing a total of 151 patches
- 4 Effects: Reverb, Delay, Chorus & Phaser
- Time and Speed parameters sync to Host tempo (Delay, Chorus and Phaser)
- All parameters on 1 page

Only £19.99
https://www.lootaudio.com
Kontakt Libraries, Plugins, Patches, Samples and Deals.

Demo's for this sounds right up my street. I will have to recover from June's sale purchaces before picking it up though 8)

Cintronic wrote:Demo's for this sounds right up my street. I will have to recover from June's sale purchaces before picking it up though 8)
my feelings exactly! :oops: :D

Picked it up at the sale now, 25% off

An instant hit with me, can anything be better than arps, adding several at once, filtering 'em :love:

OSA - Old School Arps - Refill for Reason 6.5 and above. CL-Projects and SubsonicArtz

Hi to all KVR brothers and Sisters!

I'm very pleased to anounce you several news:

1/ My dear friend Frank from CL-Projects agreed to give me the permission to use all the samples from his great Library OSA and to develop a Refill with them. May he receive here my most warmly thanks once again.
:hug:

2/Of course, Reason is totally different from Kontakt so the refill simply can't and won't be a clone of the original library. Instead of only using the samples and build some NNXT patches, i've decided to go much further and to build only Combinators also using all the Instruments and Fx modules you can use in Reason. The result is a independant product with it's own features and character. Nevertheless the refill respects the original idea to create old school Arps like those from the Berlin school.

For now the Refill has got 66 Combinators and will fully work with Reason 6.5 and above.

3/ Here is a picture of the GUI:

4/ I intend to release this product on early September; just the time to polish it and to build DEMOS. You'll find this product at SAMPLEISM. Price will be 8.99£.

5/ A present for KVRs friends: 10 KVRs members who bought the Kontakt Library will have this REFILL for FREE. All they gotta do is to ask for this present here on this thread. Once released i'll personally send them (by pm here) links for the download.

See you soon for some upcoming news.

LOVE and LIGHT

FRED
SubSonicArtz
Last edited by SubsonicArtz on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

SubsonicArtz wrote:OSA - Old School Arps - Refill for Reason 6.5 and above. CL-Projects and SubsonicArtz

Hi to all KVR brothers and Sisters!

I'm very pleased to anounce you several news:

1/ My dear friend Frank from CL-Projects agreed to give me the permission to use all the samples from his great Library OSA and to develop a Refill with them. May he receive here my most warmly thanks once again.
:hug:

2/Of course, Reason is totally different from Kontakt so the refill simply can't and won't be a clone from the original library. Instead of only using the samples and build some NNXT patches, i've decided to go much further and to build only Combinations also using all the Instruments and Fx modules you can use in Reason. The result is a independant product with it's own features and character. Nevertheless the refill respects the original idea to create old school Arps like those from the Berlin school.

For now the Refill has got 66 Combinations and will fully work with Reason 6.5 and above.

3/ Here is a picture from the GUI:

4/ I intend to release this product on early September; just the time to polish it and to build DEMOS. You'll find this product at SAMPLEISM. Price will be 8.99£.

5/ A present for KVRs friends: 10 KVRs members who bought the Kontakt Library will have this REFILL for FREE. All they gotta do is to ask for this present here on this thread. Once released i'll personally send them (by pm here) links for the download.

See you soon for some upcoming news.

LOVE and LIGHT

FRED
SubSonicArtz
hi FRED, i have and love the kontakt version of OSA. i also love the idea to build a comparable (not similar) refill with the instruments, arps and combinators in reason. so i'm looking forward to your refill and kindly ask for the present you announced (on the other hand, if it is reasonably priced i may also purchase it to support some more joint projects between you and frank).
cheers :tu:

SubsonicArtz wrote: 5/ A present for KVRs friends: 10 KVRs members who bought the Kontakt Library will have this REFILL for FREE. All they gotta do is to ask for this present here on this thread. Once released i'll personally send them (by pm here) links for the download.
I have bought the OSA Kontakt library from Sampleism earlier, I would love to have it for Reason too :tu:

Hey Fred

Thanks very much for your offer. I own OSA for kontakt and would also like your reason version :)

Hi my KVR friends

I would like to thank everybody who has bought OSA for Kontakt so far and i'm happy you like the library. And i also want to thank Fred that he is making a refill version of OSA. The sounds of the refill version won't be quite the same as the ones in the Kontakt version but don't let this discourage you. I heard some sounds from Fred's refill version and i recommend this refill to anyone who uses Reason.

All the best and Love and Light

Frank (CL-Projects)

Hi Brothers and Sisters,

Osa refill is ready but ain't released on Sampleism yet.
Nevertheless, i don't wanna let our 3 winners :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: wait some more to have it. :D

So Gosh, Numanoid and steyvet, you can check you inbox cause you have received your link for your free copy. :hug:
Some more 7 members who own OSA for Kontakt can still join the offer.

Demo and thread on Sampleism are about to come soon.

Love and Light

Fred

thank you fred, very genereous of you. i will try it out during the coming days.
cheers, thanks again and the best of luck with the refill
reimund

Permanent price drop for the OSA (Old School Arps) Kontakt 5 library.
Now for £15.99 $25.99

OSA Refill is released on SAMPLEISM!!!!!

http://www.sampleism.com/subsonicartz/sounds-27?sk=kt

Official Demo:

https://soundcloud.com/sonicart-1/we-are-one

Enjoy :hug:

Fred

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”