25 key controller with decent velocity curve and feel?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hiya kvr... I bought a launchkey 25 and am pretty disappointed with the poor quality of the unit. The plasticky knobs and casing I can live with (it is a budget controller after all) but playing is horrible on it. The velocity curve is unusable for me. I have to hammer on the keys to get the velocity past half way, and if I play very softly it's virtually silent. A couple of the keys feel wobbly too. It's going back.

Before I start trying alternatives, I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend a 25 key controller with a nice keybed and customisable velocity curves? Playing feel is more important than controls.

Thanks!

Novation SL MkII has a nice Fatar keybed with customizable curves. The new Akai MPKs have very nice keybeds as well - much better than the first generation models. The 25-key version was just released and it's pretty solid. Nice pads and controls, too (much better than the Novations). I'm strongly considering one for myself.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Great, thanks for that Dave. I might well give the Akai one a go. I'm reluctant to go with another Novation...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”