The official Prodyon SHORTNOISE 2 thread

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Be prepared ... 8)

EDIT: Changed threadtitle to get some more attention. S2 deserves it.

Thanks!
Last edited by sonicfire on Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:26 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Pre-ordering is now possible! :hyper:
Head over to http://www.prodyon.net for details!

Thanks!

MRSP: $199.99.. ..Sorry but.. :lol:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

SHORTNOISE II Feature Frenzy!
  • 10-12 GB Library
    800+ Instruments and Multis
    The same great inspiring sound as within SHORTNOISE v1
    All SHORTNOISE v1 Instruments included as well
    Tons of new sample content (+ 5GB)
    8x Unison with Stereospread
    Monomode with Glide/Portamento
    LCD Screen with Preset & Author Information
    Dual-Oscillator-Design
    Extensive Modulation Section (MW,LFO1,LFO2,AT...)
    Fully fledged FX Section (Drive, Filter, Vowel, Flanger)
    Different Velocity-Modes incl. Stepped Velocity
    4 freely assignable "Quickmod" Knobs
    Flexible Sequencer with Songmode & Recording
    Different Sequencer Play/Operating-modes
    Integrated Arpeggiator
    Convolution Reverb with 50 IR´s (Impulse Responses)
    Saving & Loading of presets
    Copy, Paste and Randomize for almost every section
    Skinnable & Expandable (5 Skins will be included)
    Endless Editabillity & Tweakabillity
    MIDI Output for sequencing external plugins/hardware
KONTAKT 5.1 RETAIL (WinXP, Win7, OSX) required.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSPDnghLnCg

Check out this little YouTube demonstration. SHORTNOISE II will be *massive* :D
(NOTE: Graphics for default skin 95% done).

GUI/Graphics/Scripting nearly finished :hyper:

5980 lines of script code and counting :o

Time for a little bump :D

UPDATE: Here the sequencer lane #1 is modulating QMOD#1 (Quickmod control 1), which is modulating the Fixed Velocity and the Amplifier Release. Note that the Range has been set to 73 - 127 for the Amplifier Release. QMOD#2 will modulate the Oscillator Octave AND QMOD#3, which modulates the LoFi samplerate...
SO you can kind of cascade the QMOD-Knobs. (#3 controls only #3 but #2 controls #2 AND #3 for example)...

Ok, guess that would be more informative within a video ... :party: (video will follow)

Sorry but for that price I think I'm going to just stick with Shortnoise 1. :shrug:

For me, Shortnoise was an impulse buy at the $20 pre-order price it was going for.

But when I do the maths for Shortnoise 2, it is either 4x the pre-order price I paid for Shortnoise 1 @ $80, or even up to 10x the price @ $200 (if I don't pre-order), for only double the content.

Suddenly it moves way out of impulse-buy territory into something I would probably not consider purchasing.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

I agree with Ben H. Even at the "for owners of Shortnoise 1 intro price" its still not low enough for the "impulse buy" territory that Shortnoise 1 was, and I haven't seen enough of Shortnoise 2 to make me want to buy it at the special SN1 owners intro price, which unfortunately expires in 3 days.

I hope you either reconsider the pricing structure (though thats hard for me to say since I'm not creating the instrument and thus have no idea how much time / energy was spent on the project) or at least make the SN1 owners intro price longer so we can get a better idea of what exactly SN2 can do before purchasing. I also really hope you go into more depth in your videos showing us why we need SN2! A good example is what the unfinished does for his sound sets http://www.theunfinished.co.uk

He gives you at least a 30min youtube video for each product talks about the inspirations / applications for the product, and goes through a ton of examples, enough that I have a good idea what the library contains and will decide if it fits my style / workflow, etc. And each of his products are around $30.

I know in the past you offered demo patches for SN1, which in fact was what put me over the edge and made me purchase it. However, with the intro price for SN1 owners expiring in 3 DAYS, and there are no substantial demos, no demo patches, and no real youtube tutorial video, I'm sorry to say I will be passing on SN2. :(
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

It´s a lot of work, i can only repeat it: a hell lot of work.
I´m spending hours and hours each day on scripting, testing, fixing and debugging, thus i hadn´t much time to create new media content (like YouTube videos and/or new audio demos).

And i can fully understand the containment and the doubts: The pre-order period for S1-customers will be extended until the end of August.

As soon as i find some time i will update the website with new information. (And or some new videos/audio demos).

Thanks everyone!

Thank you for the reply sonic fire, and for extending the pre-order for S1 customers! I appreciate the fact that you are busy and that its a lot of work, and I'm also thankful you recognize the need for your customers to get a better understanding of a product before purchasing. I'm sure it will all come together with time, and I wish you all the best as I do really enjoy your work!! Keep it up, and thanks again for being one of the awesome developers!!
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

LGK_Dude wrote:Thank you for the reply sonic fire, and for extending the pre-order for S1 customers! I appreciate the fact that you are busy and that its a lot of work, and I'm also thankful you recognize the need for your customers to get a better understanding of a product before purchasing. I'm sure it will all come together with time, and I wish you all the best as I do really enjoy your work!! Keep it up, and thanks again for being one of the awesome developers!!
You´re more than welcome! :hug: Thanks again :)

Return to “Soundware”