IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

WOW! NO PROBLEMS importing Sample Moog.

Guess I can now start making some tunes :hihi:

In case it helps any others, I haven't found an easy way yet to clear the multi rack.

For those that own Miroslav and have imported it into ST3, there is a "Reset Combi" (multi?) that you can use to clear your rack.

It originally drops into the Miroslav folder but if you move it to the Multi root folder you can eliminate unnecessary mouse clicks.

Be sure to click the refresh button on the multi tab (circular arrow next to the search (eyeglass) button.)

This may not be important to all since if you have a multi loaded and decide you want a different one, ST3 automatically clears the rack. But just in case for those interested.

Impressive how much faster these multis seem to load compared to ST2 (which really wasn't all that slow to begin with.)

HTH

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

vic_france wrote:
dsan@mail.com wrote:Peter,

For those with dual systems, Mac/PC, is it necessary to dl both Mac and PC Sounds installers?

I have dl'd the PC versions and find Mac installers inside the Zip's.

I've gone ahead and started the Mac dl's but in case it saves other the trouble I'm hoping we can get clarification.

Thanks!

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Well, I'm on Mac here, and the zip file does contain the Windows .exe file also.
It would be nice if users could know these sort of things up front to avoid unnecessary downloads.

I've seen a lot of people here mention they have limited bandwith per month. One recently stated he/she will have to wait till next month to be able to dl. I thought of him/her which caused my question because I felt bad that person will not be able to enjoy now after having spent the money. That has to be a bitter sweet situation.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

lotus2035 wrote: :hihi: Happens to the best of us.
... and happiness to the rest of us ;)

Where on disk are the ST3 Multis stored?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:
lotus2035 wrote: :hihi: Happens to the best of us.
... and happiness to the rest of us ;)

Where on disk are the ST3 Multis stored?
On my system they are stored where I installed the sound files. Mine are stored on a different drive than my OS.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

Could have sworn there was a Sampletank Preset Exchange on IKM site.... Don't seem to be there anymore..

So where do we share our creations?

Sure will like to see what others can do with ST3.

dsan@mail.com wrote:On my system the multis are stored where I installed the sound files. Mine are stored on a different drive than my OS.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Thank you.
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:
dsan@mail.com wrote:On my system the multis are stored where I installed the sound files. Mine are stored on a different drive than my OS.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Thank you.
You are welcome Darkstar :tu:

BTW - you can create folders to drop your imports into to avoid the mess importing causes. Be sure to refresh the data base when you do this.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

Mostly great so far, but, I can confirm that importing sonic Synth 2 does generate an error message.

At this point most of the presets work, but there are a few that have no sample content and only the name loads up.

OK, please supply the details.

For the G Groove Elements \ ailing.sti file, just remove it. (It does not show up in SS2 either)
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:OK, please supply the details.

For the G Groove Elements \ ailing.sti file, just remove it. (It does not show up in SS2 either)
Yes. remove that file from the source folder and then reimport the sounds. That's what worked for me.
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

I can also confirm that importing Sonik Synth 2 gave me an error message.

Importing the SampleTank libraries isn't flawless. The presets don't always sound the same as in SampleTank 2. I only bought SampleTank 3 to use Sonik Synth, Moog, Tron and the Expansions.

My first impressions of Sampletank 3:

+ VST loads quickly
+ Keyswitching (great for the Miroslav stuff)
+ Stretch note and phrase in SampleTank generate all kinds of wonderful strange sounds
+ Many of the presets of Sonik Synth, Moog, Tron and the Expansions sound great (again)
+ 64 bit and VST3! Stable.

- No disk-streaming (Why?! Loading for example the first piano patch is taking a loooooong time)
- Terrible preset-browser (better than ST2, but still those irritating triangles and double clicking) - no favorites/rating/attributes
- No innovative and interesting new features (Applied Acoustics has also this problem, but their upgrade prices are much cheaper)
- What's with the sample-library? It's uninspiring (listen to the demo's). But playing the Sonik Synth presets again was great!
- The installation was a pain... serial registration... downloading... unzipping... crashed installers... converting...

I needed SampleTank 3 for the sounds in Sonik Synth, etc But what a price to pay (in money and time). I was hoping that maybe I would gain something special... but SampleTank 3 is nothing special.

OK, installed and tested SampleTank 3 last night. Basically I needed SampleTron and the OB-X libraries to work with Logic Pro X, 64-bit, so that was the only reason I upgraded. For $99 it was Ok, but I would have even been happy with a far less feature-full plug-in that handled 64-bit for $49 or something like that. For full price, I don't know if I would purchase this, of many reasons:

- I have so many piano, electrical piano, drums, vocal, ethnic and so on and so on libraries so getting another 33Gb or those is not exactly in my needs.
- Also I like to do a lot of sound mangling and there's some in ST3.0 but I might as well use Reaktor modules for granularity/stretching and other plug-ins. Especially the Amplitube guitar effects are of little interest for me.
- The UI is somewhat simple and odd, I would expect the delete key to delete entries from the slots but that does not happen. Visually it's a very crammed interfaces where you need to hunt down and find features rather than being something more free-flowing. Would have been good to use a UI expert to go through the UI before final design.
- The whole playback of MIDI as an instrument was also unnecessary and I don't know where I would use it (live?) as I rather manipulate MIDI information and midi files in a MIDI editor for more control.
- Didn't help that I could get ST3 to crash within 30 minutes, suspect I could file more bug reports if I spent 2-4 hours stress-testing the app. Also, with my MacPro I could easily hit CPU limits with six instances or so

All together, I'm happy I could play back ST collections in 64-bit mode. Otherwise this plug-in reminds me of one of those high-end Japanese workstation keyboards, tons of stuff inside and 1% is really used for most players.

Might be that I change my mind if I get inspired to use it more...

Well I removed SonikSynth2\I Elements B\G Groove Elements\130BPM_ailing.sti from the folder but still get the error message boost::filesystem::remove when I try to import. Sometimes it's around the middle of the import, sometimes near the beginning, sometimes towards the end. Same thing happens when I try to import Miroslav Philharmonik.

music247 wrote:Well I removed SonikSynth2\I Elements B\G Groove Elements\130BPM_ailing.sti from the folder but still get the error message boost::filesystem::remove when I try to import. Sometimes it's around the middle of the import, sometimes near the beginning, sometimes towards the end. Same thing happens when I try to import Miroslav Philharmonik.
Forgive me if I missed you verifying this previously, but have you installed at least the first sound library installer? It is covered in this FAQ too http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/3646

If this does not help (or you've already done so) please let support know at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will help you.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
music247 wrote:Well I removed SonikSynth2\I Elements B\G Groove Elements\130BPM_ailing.sti from the folder but still get the error message boost::filesystem::remove when I try to import. Sometimes it's around the middle of the import, sometimes near the beginning, sometimes towards the end. Same thing happens when I try to import Miroslav Philharmonik.
Forgive me if I missed you verifying this previously, but have you installed at least the first sound library installer? It is covered in this FAQ too http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/3646

If this does not help (or you've already done so) please let support know at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will help you.
Hi Peter,
Yes I've installed the Sampletank 3 sounds and all work fine. You will notice at the link you provided that the error refers to boost::filesystem::create_directories and not boost::filesystem::remove

I contacted support yesterday and haven't received a reply as yet. As good as Sampletank 3 is, one of the main selling points to me was to be able to import Sonik Synth 2 and Miroslav Philharmonik and use them in a 64 bit environment. After endless re-installing, moving, deleting files and renaming etc this is just not happening.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
Cheers

Return to “Instruments”