Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 VS. Line 6 Pod Studio UX2 VS. NI Komplete Audio 6

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,
I'm continuing the quest for my friend.
This time I'm looking for a nice Audio Interface for him. I narrowed it down to these 3:
1) Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
2) Line 6 Pod Studio UX2
3) NI Komplete Audio 6

As for the use: he deals with a wide range of genres so there isn't a very specific request: jazz/rock/electronic etc. recording mostly MIDI from a digital piano and also guitars/vocals from time to time.

I heard that the Scarlett and UX2 got great mic pre-amps and that Komplete Audio has great converters.

Which is the best in your opinion?
CPU: i5 3470
RAM: 2X4GB DDR 3 1600
Hard Drives: WD 1TB Black, 500GB Green, 160GB
Sonar X2, Native Instruments Komplete, VSTs...
Audio Interface: PreSonus FireBox
Mics: Shure SM57 & KSM27
Casio CD-120 Digital Piano

I don't who told you that the UX2 has great preamps....they're crap IMHO.

Either the Focusrite or the NI is a good choice....but personally, I would go for the NI as it has more I/O options than the Focusrite. I would also take a look at Presonus Audiobox 22VSL & 44VSL.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

I have the Scarlet 2i4 (just got it 4 months ago) to replace my old Line6 Toneport DI interface. I have to say that I'm extremely happier with the 2i4 as their driver support (which is very important to me) is absolutely top notch. I have Win 8 Pro and the Line6 drivers for this was terrible (constant dropouts, alsways needing to re-installing etc...). The 2i4 has excellent driver support and the high quality pre-amps used are very, very good. I can't say enough good things about this (no I don't work for them...LOL). BTW, their customer service is one of the best (very prompt and detailed in support).

As with any audio interface, as long as you have all the I/O's that you need and the company provides excellent (updates) driver support, you should be good to go.
Make music :harp:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”