Not getting Valve Filter CM to work in FL Studio [solved]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm the one who emailed, I was just wondering if any other users were having issues

itneveris wrote:Is anyone else getting an annoying clicking noise when engaging the Valve?? It makes the plugin unusable, which is a shame because I bought this magazine entirely for this plugin...
I'm not hearing any clicking when engaging the Valve here, on or off.

I can confirm I had the original poster's missing DLL problem & the fix, which was to download & install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=30679

My setup is Windows 8.1 x64 with REAPER 4.62 x64.

itneveris wrote:Is anyone else getting an annoying clicking noise when engaging the Valve?? It makes the plugin unusable, which is a shame because I bought this magazine entirely for this plugin...
No, works without clicking in FL Studio 11.1 (I'm using a Win 7 64 bit, 4GB computer, with UX1 audio interface)

The plug is maybe a one-trick pony, but what it does it does excellent, the analogue woosh of that cut-off is what electronic music is all about :tu:

I know, it's the sole reason I downloaded this magazine, because CM magazine has only have about 6 pages of content I enjoy per issue.

I tracked and fixed your issue. I will send you an email in a few minutes. The problem seems related only to some configurations, but anyway I cleaned the code a little bit more, so it should be overall more stable. I guess it will be updated in the CM Vault as well in the following days.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

Cool cool. So is this the triode or pentode in the CM version?

It's pentode mode.

I can't even get valve filter to show up in Live 9's browser. I'm on XP 32bit Live 9.1.4

Any ideas?

thecontrolcentre wrote:I can't even get valve filter to show up in Live 9's browser. I'm on XP 32bit Live 9.1.4

Any ideas?
Did you try to install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4?
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=30679
Choose the 32bit (x86) version.

Let me know if you still have problems.

audiothing wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:I can't even get valve filter to show up in Live 9's browser. I'm on XP 32bit Live 9.1.4

Any ideas?
Did you try to install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4?
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=30679
Choose the 32bit (x86) version.

Let me know if you still have problems.
That did the trick. I also needed to rename the folder containing the plugin so Live rescanned it on startup. Thanks for the help. :)

I got the Valve Filter CM to work for a while after installing the "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4". But I think there was an update to Windows7, 64bit, and after that was installed the plugin stopped working again.
I have tried to uninstall, reboot and install the Visual C++ update again, but it did not help.
I am using Cubase 7.5.30 64 bit, and I have put both the .dll and the .vst3 plugins (64-bit version) in the correct folders.
The Valve Filter plugin shows up as vst3 in the "Plugin Information" window, but it never shows up when selecting plugins to insert in a track. It does not help if I click the "Update" or the "Update Plugin Information" buttons.

What can I do?
Lil Borg

Sorry, my mistake. The Valve Filter CM was under a group named "other" in the plugin list in Cubase 7.5. Cubase sorts the plugins in a strange way that I have not figured out.

So; no problem with Valve Filter CM.
Lil Borg

Return to “Effects”