New granular synth: The Mangle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

Ranjarresh wrote:It works under XP - I've checked newest version.
OMG!!!is it true? If someone can confirm this I will buy the mangle just NOW!!! :love:
[Fingers crossed!!!] :pray:
Note:I use win xp sp3 and reaper4
:tu:

AgiKvr wrote:
Ranjarresh wrote:It works under XP - I've checked newest version.
OMG!!!is it true? If someone can confirm this I will buy the mangle just NOW!!! :love:
[Fingers crossed!!!] :pray:
Note:I use win xp sp3 and reaper4
If this is right I will buy it too. Has the dev confirmed that it works in xp? Last time I asked he said no.

I read 2 users are runnig the mangle on xp without problems...but I also read the developer does not reply to the mails and tweets...mah?!

Ok,I've asked other xp users and the answer is: YES it works under XP :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
Now The question is:
How to purchase it?? (The developer doesn't reply my mail) maybe somebody know this "mistery"? :shrug:
THANK YOU

U-o wrote:Little story for potentional buyers:

I sold IK Total Workstation here in Market Place week ago and licence transfer took a lot of time, and lot of email has been sent until they transfered licence to someone else. I thought, that IK has the worst support of all. I changed my mind!

I bought The Mangle more than month ago. I sent an email (about money refund) to Tom before I purchased it, because there's no demo version. I didn't get any reply, but I decided to buy it, because I have seen someone selling his Mangle licence here in Market Place (and Tom performed transfer). I had some questions about Mangle and find "a bug" and sent him another email. I didn't get any reply again! Therefore I decided to sell my licence to someone else and I asked Tom (again via email) to transfer my licence. Did I get reply? No! I sent him few other emails, but it's still the same! I asked some guys here if they know another contact on Tom, but it's annoying for me (and also for them). I also tried to Tweet him. No reply!

It's really funny. If you buy The Mangle, you get an email with download link and this info:
"Dear blah blah blah,

You can download The Mangle (beta) at

https://link

Please note, the download link will expire after 120 hours from now or after 5 attempts, whichever event happens first.

Thanks for helping me make the Mangle! I will email you to inform you of updated versions.

Please feel free to email me personally at tommaisey@gmail.com to report bugs or request features. Many thanks!"
There's no demo, I don't know nothing about full money refund, Tom does not reply emails, tweets... really bad support for this great plugin and no support for paying customer! Did I something wrong? I just want to transfer my licence correctly for someone else with all rights (included updates, etc.).

Excuse my English.
Finally I got reply! :pray:
yzcoruhT

AgiKvr wrote:Ok,I've asked other xp users and the answer is: YES it works under XP :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
Now The question is:
How to purchase it?? (The developer doesn't reply my mail) maybe somebody know this "mistery"? :shrug:
THANK YOU
http://sound-guru.com/software/mangle/ There's a green button that says "Buy 19.99" ;-)

Just a quick relay of my experience with mangle...

Bought, got an email with download link quick, got notifications quick...
Since I wasn't using it as much as I thought and decided to sell, I got a quick reply to my asking for permission. And it transferred quick to the new owner too. No problems with communication at all.

thank you guys for your feedback :tu:
tomorrow I will buy this little jewel :hyper:

Do you think it's fair to say that 20 pounds isn't enough to provide adequate customer support for this synth?

I think Steve Dudas once said that he could get a lot more sales of Xfer Nerv by lowering the price, but then he'd have to deal with a lot more customer support issues.

The Mangle is still on my to-buy list, even so.

Glad to hear Tom is still here with us on planet Earth! I understand he's been slow to respond as of late, but I had a great experience a while ago when the stupid buffer settings I'd selected in my DAW when using the MME driver caused issues.

Still can't recommend this plug enough. The combination of power and simplicity is on another level.

Just watched the video for The Mangle looks and sounds great. Think I may have to grab this and give it a whirl. It looks like a granular that I could actually get my head around :)

Bought The Mangle yesterday. Haven't had much time to play with it, but i'm impressed with it so far. I look forward to digging deeper into it in the coming weeks.

Yes it's very nice! And now I can confirm it works under xp too :-) the only thing I don't understand are macros...any help from some "veteran" user?thanx!

AgiKvr wrote:Yes it's very nice! And now I can confirm it works under xp too :-) the only thing I don't understand are macros...any help from some "veteran" user?thanx!
Drag "Macro" (listed under the knob) to whatever parameter you'd like to control via a macro knob. An example would be to drag the same macro to the "Pan" parameter on every layer. The Macro knob would then work as a global pan.

Of course you could obviously make it more complex than that like reversing the polarity on some of the layers, so increasing the Macro now would pan some layers Right, and others Left.

Right clicking on the macro controlled parameter allows you to edit the depth and direction as needed.

elxsound wrote:
AgiKvr wrote:Yes it's very nice! And now I can confirm it works under xp too :-) the only thing I don't understand are macros...any help from some "veteran" user?thanx!
Drag "Macro" (listed under the knob) to whatever parameter you'd like to control via a macro knob. An example would be to drag the same macro to the "Pan" parameter on every layer. The Macro knob would then work as a global pan.

Of course you could obviously make it more complex than that like reversing the polarity on some of the layers, so increasing the Macro now would pan some layers Right, and others Left.

Right clicking on the macro controlled parameter allows you to edit the depth and direction as needed.
:tu: Many Thanx :phones:

Return to “Instruments”