Halion 4 - Retriggering notes (samples) with LFO/StepMod. Modulating loop start/end

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys. This is a 2 in 1.
I posted it at the Halion official forum as well but I haven't got any replies.

So, first question: is it somehow possible to retrigger a sample (while you're keeping that note pressed) using an LFO or a Step Modulator? I don't want the LFO/StepMod to retrigger the envelope, I need it to retrigger the sample.

And the second one: is it possible to modulate the sample's loop start and end position with an LFO/StepMod?

And here's why I need these things: let's say I hold a chord or a note for a long period of time; I want to get that sample(s) retrigger again and again at a certain rate dictated by the LFO's rate. Also, I want another LFO or StepMod to continuously change the loop range of the sample (the start and end of the loop range).

Tnx

I don't think you can(could very much be wrong)with Halion 4 but Halion 5 has the drum player midi component that you could use to re trigger samples.

Oh also I think you can only modulate sample start and not loops length and start.

In HALion 5 you can when being in granular mode, H4 does not have a granular engine so the answer is NO. You can e.g. assign a ramp down LFO or step sequencer (or any other modulator) to Grain Position, that way you can also play temposynced loops when the LFO are running in temposynced mode. Also works in Padshop Pro.

Thanks guys
I was pretty sure that would be possible only in H5 using the granular engine, but I hoped there's a hidden workaround in H4 for doing that kind of stuff.
:(
When I bought Halion 4 I was very convinced it's a monster for sound design with endless possibilities (that's how Steinberg advertised it). The more I use it, the less satisfied I am. It has a lot of limitations in places you would expect way more from such an instrument. :roll:

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”