Prevent recording from clip launcher to arrangement

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

is there any particular reason why we are forced to record clips that are playing in clip launcher while recording something else in the arrangement?

Let's say i have a drum clip, a bass clip and a vocal clip playing in the clip launcher and i want to record a guitar take in the arrangement...how can i record only the guitar without printing in the arrangement the drum/bass/vocal clips that are playing in the clip launcher?

At first i was expecting that only the clips in armed tracks will be recorded in the arrangement, but bitwig record every clip is playing in the clip launcher, regardless it is in an armed track or not. Maybe it's only me but i find this behavior not so flexible like it should be.

What do you think?

I tried to get that changed since I absolutely hate it too.
I was given several explanations why it has to be that way.
None of those made any sense to me personally ;-)

I NEVER want to record something that isn't armed.
NEVER EVER.
And it is actually destructive: if you have a clip in arrangement on the same track where you are playing a clip from clip launcher, it will be overwritten...

For a host that has such close integration between cliplauncher and arrangement, that makes no sense.

Report it to tech support and let's hope one day this will be an option if enough people chime in:
http://www.bitwig.com/en/support/tech-support.html

Grrrrrrr ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:I tried to get that changed since I absolutely hate it too.
I was given several explanations why it has to be that way.
None of those made any sense to me personally ;-)

I NEVER want to record something that isn't armed.
NEVER EVER.
And it is actually destructive: if you have a clip in arrangement on the same track where you are playing a clip from clip launcher, it will be overwritten...

For a host that has such close integration between cliplauncher and arrangement, that makes no sense.

Report it to tech support and let's hope one day this will be an option if enough people chime in:
http://www.bitwig.com/en/support/tech-support.html

Grrrrrrr ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
Done!
Really hope that they will change their mind about this...it is a bad limitation for workflow between arrangement and clip launcher.

Other users that think the same way pls send your note to tech support!

Return to “Bitwig”