Satin GUI very slow to open?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have Satin loaded on a REAPER channel. When opening the GUI for the first time after opening the project, my PC freezes for 10-15 seconds before it appears and everything goes back to normal.

I'm running a recent, powerful machine (i7, 16gb, SSD). Anyone else notice this behaviour?

Cheers,
sk

We have since made this much, much faster and posted this in our Latest Builds thread. The reason for the slow opening is the number of different knob styles - which we are now loading in the background after the UI is opened.

However, we're working feverishly on a release candidate for Satin 1.2 which furthermore has updated graphics with only half as many different types of knobs (coloured knob cabs are now "cut out" of the knob, so that a single knob graphic serves all colour schemes).

Cheers,

- Urs

Thanks for the reply Urs.
I shall wait for the 1.2 update as I'm not keen on betatesting in the middle of an album mix, and anyway it's more of an annoyance than a showstopper.

Although I will add, responsive ui wins over different coloured knobs 120% of the time.

Cheers, and thanks for the great tools.

Please wait for the update :)

(knob tips are still differently coloured, but the actual animation of the grip area is unicolour)

stk wrote:Thanks for the reply Urs.
I shall wait for the 1.2 update as I'm not keen on betatesting in the middle of an album mix, and anyway it's more of an annoyance than a showstopper.

Although I will add, responsive ui wins over different coloured knobs 120% of the time.

Cheers, and thanks for the great tools.
Hey, please try this guy:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=417192
Cheers,
Michael
u-he team

Return to “u-he”