LAST CHANCE! Poly-Ana and L'il Poly-Ana 1.20 BETA w. OSX x64 AU support!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AdmiralQuality wrote:We'll be stable again soon enough though. This is what BETA is for!
I know.....I've been a private beta tester for a bunch of synths....... :) I'll install it on this computer which is still WinXP 32 bit but I'm a little more particular what goes on the Studio computer. I generally don't install public betas on it but depending on what's added in future updates PolyAna will almost certainly make it onto that computer....
AdmiralQuality wrote:Oh and you might not be in a hurry to test right now, Teksonik. But keep watching the BETA updates, there's going to be new more features. (There's already at least one, the Hold button is now remembered in the program/project AND any held keys are recalled as well! Not sure if we're going to keep that second part, it's kind of experimental. See my original post in this thread and the documentation.)
Oh yes I'm really looking forward to the upcoming additions in future Betas....

To be honest I've never used the Hold button since I have a midi keyboard controller.....
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: To be honest I've never used the Hold button since I have a midi keyboard controller.....
One thing the Hold button is good (even necessary) for is the effect version, Poly-AnaFX (which is coming in a later update of the BETA. Wanted to keep the separate flavors to a minimum at first for sanity's sake).

Because the effect is still a synth, you don't hear any input unless a key is held down to open the Amplifier gate/envelope. (You wouldn't believe how many questions I get about that. :) ) The idea is, the effect version will now be able to have a key or keys programmed down.

Certainly useful at times for an instrument as well. There were plenty of classic synths that had hold buttons.

Figured I'd share my Poly-Ana template for any Novation auto map users:
http://www.filedropper.com/poly-ana

Every parameter, including modulation sources and targets are exposed in Poly-Ana, so you get true mouse less operation with this.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Figured I'd share my Poly-Ana template for any Novation auto map users:
http://www.filedropper.com/poly-ana

Every parameter, including modulation sources and targets are exposed in Poly-Ana, so you get true mouse less operation with this.
Thanks Echoes!

Krakatau wrote:Indeed, Logic Pro freezes when i tried to launch Poly-Ana as instrument, (i had to quit Logic by force : esc + alt+cmd)

This is the error message in detail that i've got :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/64i3lnej7gymt ... iCrash.txt
Not everyone is experiencing this. Some users report it working fine in Logic X.

Can everyone using it on Logic X check in and report your OSX version, and whether Poly-Ana is loading successfully in it?

Thanks all! Another new update is very close!

AdmiralQuality wrote:
Not everyone is experiencing this. Some users report it working fine in Logic X.
Sorry ...i forgot to mention : Logic Pro 9.1.8 /OSX 10.9.4

Very close to having 1.20 BETA 2 ready for release, should be some time later this weekend. Any more bug reports? Last chance to get them in before this update. Thanks.

quick BR. I have the knob mode set to linear but the volume knob at the bottom left still responds to circular mouse movement.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

kingtubby wrote:quick BR. I have the knob mode set to linear but the volume knob at the bottom left still responds to circular mouse movement.
Oh right! (I was testing something and forgot to put that back!)

Thanks for the report, will be fixed in this next BETA update. Hopefully just a few hours from now.

AdmiralQuality wrote:
kingtubby wrote:quick BR. I have the knob mode set to linear but the volume knob at the bottom left still responds to circular mouse movement.

Thanks for the report, will be fixed in this next BETA update. Hopefully just a few hours from now.
Are we at a few yet?...

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
AdmiralQuality wrote:

Are we at a few yet?...
Ha! (If this job was easy, everyone would do it!)

It's coming. LOTS of new stuff added and still a bit more left to finish up. Hopefully within the next 24 hours.

Are we at 24 hours yet? ;) Probably not, but I'm impatient. :)

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Are we at 24 hours yet? ;) Probably not, but I'm impatient. :)
Maybe! I'm knocking down new features at a great rate so it's kind of hard to stop. (I'll be up against some tough ones very soon though, that will probably inspire me to stop and do the BETA 2 release before tackling them.)

AdmiralQuality wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Are we at 24 hours yet? ;) Probably not, but I'm impatient. :)
Maybe! I'm knocking down new features at a great rate so it's kind of hard to stop. (I'll be up against some tough ones very soon though, that will probably inspire me to stop and do the BETA 2 release before tackling them.)
Did you tackle 'em then?

How many hours are we at? It would be cool to get a beta 2 so as not to get that error when it opens.

Return to “Instruments”