IK Multimedia SampleTank 3.0 warning - it's 64-bit only

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:
mpoirier wrote:So if your computer has more than 4GB RAM, wanting to use Stank 3 or other heavy software like Omnisphere in 32 bit mode, is like driving a car with the handbrake on.
If there are 4,000 sounds in STank3 it should work fine in 32 bit because that averages out to about 8MB per sample(I'm guessing they went with the quantity over quality approach)

but on topic not looking to see whether a program is compatible with your set-up before buying is pretty foolish
http://drunk3nj3sus.blogspot.com/ < My blog
Free samples, presets, etc.

posted in wrong thread
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

drunken jesus wrote:but on topic not looking to see whether a program is compatible with your set-up before buying is pretty foolish
+1 Especially seeing the thread title, a warning

Like, note to self, warning: you are a fool :dog: :hihi:

whyterabbyt wrote:
hueynym wrote:For some reason, none of my 12bit custom coded MIPS IRIX plugins seem to work on ANY of my 64bits DAWS. I can't imagine why.
Obvious, really. Your MIPS system has clearly been running in big-endian mode. Total noob mistake, but easy to sort out; if you install Tracktion facing the other way, it should all work fine.[/quot

Yeah, worked for me. Zipper must be pulled tight.

drunken jesus wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
mpoirier wrote:So if your computer has more than 4GB RAM, wanting to use Stank 3 or other heavy software like Omnisphere in 32 bit mode, is like driving a car with the handbrake on.
If there are 4,000 sounds in STank3 it should work fine in 32 bit because that averages out to about 8MB per sample(I'm guessing they went with the quantity over quality approach)

but on topic not looking to see whether a program is compatible with your set-up before buying is pretty foolish
That's not how it works (the former, not the latter - I'd hope the latter is how it works in most cases and since there is no demo during the preorder and will be coming soon we would field questions that people had in order to help them with this sort of thing). Instruments are not 1:1 with samples. Some instruments are based on the same sample set, as is typical a process I'd think. There are very large samples included (one of the main pianos comes to mind) and of course there are some that are not quite as large. Either way, instrument:sample is not 1:1. I hope that helps.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: That's not how it works (the former, not the latter - I'd hope the latter is how it works in most cases and since there is no demo during the preorder and will be coming soon we would field questions that people had in order to help them with this sort of thing). Instruments are not 1:1 with samples. Some instruments are based on the same sample set, as is typical a process I'd think. There are very large samples included (one of the main pianos comes to mind) and of course there are some that are not quite as large. Either way, instrument:sample is not 1:1. I hope that helps.
It was a bit of sarcasm mocking the sales pitch I know it's a tactic all romplers usually employ same as every DAW'll say they'll turn your pc into a professional recording studio

On a serious note if I buy sampletank 2 is it possible to upgrade to a boxed version of 3? My DSL is slow as hell so it'd take me like a month to download 33gb + I want ST2 for my 32Bit laptop

drunken jesus wrote:On a serious note if I buy sampletank 2 is it possible to upgrade to a boxed version of 3? My DSL is slow as hell so it'd take me like a month to download 33gb + I want ST2 for my 32Bit laptop
Why don't you people read?
Took me two seconds to find the answer.
Last edited by Mushy Mushy on Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

drunken jesus wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: That's not how it works (the former, not the latter - I'd hope the latter is how it works in most cases and since there is no demo during the preorder and will be coming soon we would field questions that people had in order to help them with this sort of thing). Instruments are not 1:1 with samples. Some instruments are based on the same sample set, as is typical a process I'd think. There are very large samples included (one of the main pianos comes to mind) and of course there are some that are not quite as large. Either way, instrument:sample is not 1:1. I hope that helps.
It was a bit of sarcasm mocking the sales pitch I know it's a tactic all romplers usually employ same as every DAW'll say they'll turn your pc into a professional recording studio

On a serious note if I buy sampletank 2 is it possible to upgrade to a boxed version of 3? My DSL is slow as hell so it'd take me like a month to download 33gb + I want ST2 for my 32Bit laptop
Once you have SampleTank 2.5 XL registered in your account, you can then get the boxed version as an upgrade. The site should show you the correct pricing if you are logged in at that point. That way you can turn your PC into a professional recording studio in both 32- and 64-bit immediately after :)

I totally agree with the OP. I have never heard from vsti-plugins that are only 64-bit, so IK should make it more clear.

I bought a movie the other day at Best Buy, and when I opened the box there was only a DVD in it!

I was expecting a VHS cassette, but nothing on the box said there is no VHS version in there! :x

I'm sorry, the onus is on the buyer to be completely informed prior to making a purchase.

I can understand things happen; however, take it as a learning lesson that in the future one should be absolutely certain and take nothing for granted.

While IKM did not state x64 only, they also did not state x32 available.

Due to the ambiguity, the buyer needs to go the next step and send an email to sales department to make absolutely sure.

robojam, I am sorry you did not pay enough attention to what you were buying. If it helps I can send you the names of some fairly good DVD to VHS converter type peoples. :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Mushy Mushy wrote: Why don't you people read?
I couldn't find anything about upgrading to a boxed version on the ST page but kudos on your excellent reading skills

@Peter thanks for the prompt response, looking forward to recording thousands of professional sounds once the boxed version comes out

robojam wrote:I bought a movie the other day at Best Buy, and when I opened the box there was only a DVD in it!

I was expecting a VHS cassette, but nothing on the box said there is no VHS version in there! :x
the analogy isn't really valid because VHS and DVD's aren't routinely sold together in one pack. plugins usually come 32 and 64 bit versions. the only plugin that's 64-bit only that i'm aware of is SampleTank 3. while i moved to 64 bit quite a while ago and don't have a problem with IK taking a stand and force-moving everyone to 64-bit (in fact, the latter i welcome), i still think that they should've made it much clearer in their marketing materials that SampleTank 3 isn't just 64-bit, but 64-bit ONLY. it's not industry standard practice, hence it should be called out as a courtesy to the customers.
Last edited by Burillo on Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

drunken jesus wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote: Why don't you people read?
I couldn't find anything about upgrading to a boxed version on the ST page but kudos on your excellent reading skills

@Peter thanks for the prompt response, looking forward to recording thousands of professional sounds once the boxed version comes out
Buy now
Upgrade version
Box

Not that hard really.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Was this part of the main SampleTank 3 page (also quoted previously) and the following screenshot from the Specs page not clear enough?

From http://www.ikmultimedia.com/sampletank3 -
Available as standalone and 64-bit plug-in for AAX, VST and Audio Units platforms on Mac OS X and Windows
From http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sa ... nk-3-specs (navigation on left of main ST3 page that says "Specs") -
ST3reqs.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”