IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

The Instrument (st3i) files and the Sample directories are linked together.

So if you import a legacy library, say Vintage Collection and move the instrument and sample files into a subdirectory, say Xpansion Tank 2 Group Buy :
D:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\Imported Instruments\Xpansion Tank 2 Group Buy\Vintage Collection
D:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\Imported Samples\Xpansion Tank 2 Group Buy\Vintage Collection
then do a refresh in ST3 and try to load an instrument from it. You get an error that the instrument cannot be loaded. That is, because ST3 does not refresh the sample path information inside of st3i and tries to load the samples from the old path:
D:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\Imported Samples\Vintage Collection\Vintage Keys\B3Org102.pak

So it seems that there is no possibility to move the sample directories later.

basslinemaster wrote:
samsam wrote:So basslinemaster, you regret buying ST3 then?
Luckily, I wasn't falling for the hype and didn't buy it. I see the one for sale on the forum is going for only $89...

And so it begins... (Sampletank 3's resale value plummeting towards zero, in the grand tradition of Sampletank 2's resale value...)

Ten years to produce this.
Sorry, my bad. I just assumed that with the number and tone of your posts in this thread you actually had some experience of the software in question.

Same here, search is borked.

Pardon me, made a mistake.
Last edited by RLSguitar on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

paulbreeze wrote:The Instrument (st3i) files and the Sample directories are linked together.

So if you import a legacy library, say Vintage Collection and move the instrument and sample files into a subdirectory, say Xpansion Tank 2 Group Buy :
D:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\Imported Instruments\Xpansion Tank 2 Group Buy\Vintage Collection
D:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\Imported Samples\Xpansion Tank 2 Group Buy\Vintage Collection
then do a refresh in ST3 and try to load an instrument from it. You get an error that the instrument cannot be loaded. That is, because ST3 does not refresh the sample path information inside of st3i and tries to load the samples from the old path:
D:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\Imported Samples\Vintage Collection\Vintage Keys\B3Org102.pak

This happened to me, I wasn't able to move the folder. I would get this error whenever I did.
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

^^^^
How about if you just move the Instrument files into sub-folders and keep the single "Samples" folder? (Like K****** can do ;)). Will that give you the organisation you're after?

-----------------------
mhog wrote:I had tons of stfx in ST2. They were useful combinations of different effects to load (and try on different instruments). Is it still possible to load them in ST3?
This might work:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewt ... =12&t=8464
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

RLSguitar wrote:
paulbreeze wrote:
This happened to me, I wasn't able to move the folder. I would get this error whenever I did.
If that's correct it's a real bummer!

ST3 up and running on iMac running latest OSX Mavericks.

Downloading was fine on ST3 and ST2XL, Miroslav, Samplemoog, Sampletron. Probs with some of SS2 library but not too bothered about that.

Overall ST3 is disappointing considering how long we have waited, but probably just about worth the upgrade price. I was expecting to be blown away and I am not.

Have to say GUI is amateurish (particularly the rotary knobs) for the year 2014 IMO and I hope IKM update this to something that looks more professional very soon.

On the plus side some nice pianos, drums, bass and 64 bit compatability.

Not sure I'd pay full price for this if I was a newcomer to ST3 though.........

Overall 6/10.

So how do i get SampleMoog running in a native 64-bit host (without bridge). Do i have o get ST3 and load the samples there? Is there a Player or free version to load the SampleMoog instruments?

So far Sample Moog 2.5 free does not seem to support 64-bit:
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/samplet ... multimedia

SampleMoog so far is my only IK Multimedia product.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:So how do i get SampleMoog running in a native 64-bit host (without bridge). Do i have o get ST3 and load the samples there?
Yes.

is there a Player or free version to load the SampleMoog instruments?
No.
So far Sample Moog 2.5 free does not seem to support 64-bit:
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/samplet ... multimedia

SampleMoog so far is my only IK Multimedia product.
See first answer.

don1thedon wrote:
RLSguitar wrote:
paulbreeze wrote:
If that's correct it's a real bummer!
I am afraid this is the truth. Perhaps IK Multimedia can rework this to be more flexible for folks who like to use the file system to organize their presets.

Interestingly enough, the Multis, on the other hand, do seem to allow reassignment of the Multi file locations after conversion, so the issue might hinge on the samples stored in the .pak file?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

As with most software only after using for a time the cracks are start to appear.

1.All macro controls lost using SonicSynth 2 import, Major bug.

2.No way to expose automation to host, so impossible to use modern controllers like Push or even record knob automation into Live Clips, another Major Issue.

3.Levels on many instruments are busting level meters.

4.The Vocals are Meh!! why oh why even include those, they are probably the most lame thing I have even seen in a library. and iv'e been using vsts since neon.

RLSguitar wrote:- 1 - Navigate to and open the "SampleTank 3.settings" file in a text editor:
  • C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\SampleTank 3.settings
  • To open this file, right-click on it and select "Open with..." from the context menu and choose your text editor.
And- what if one (say like me) has just installed ST3 to my WIndows 7 x64 machine and I have no SampleTank 3.settings file to speak of? I cannot find any files in the location mentioned above.

Right now - if I click on the icon that was placed by Setup - I get nothing at all.

Wow. This is horrible.

VP

Pretty funny that IK is everywhere when it's time to hawk their latest sale, but when it comes to fixing their bug-riddled software, where dey at? :lol:

blueman wrote:
zvenx wrote:
bigcat1969 wrote:Dunno... kinda like the ST3 vocals...
https://soundcloud.com/bigcat1969/danny ... s-meet-gr5
not sure if you are being sarcastic or not....
hopefully it is the former.

if it is the latter? In 2014 that impresses you?
What other software synths/ kontakt packages have you used that have "vocals"

rsp
For the sake of comparison, here is Kontakt's "Tenor" patch from the Factory Library
I really don't know that many professionals who use NI's factory sounds, by packages I meant third party packages.....
NI's Kontakt factory sounds have been in existence from lord knows when without much update beyond GUI.

rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”