Rhythm Generator Advanced Settings

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, here I am with another question. When I'm creating a rhythm in the Generator, can someone explain the sub folders in the Advanced Settings tab? Specifically, if I choose to generate breaks from the funk folder, what are the sub folders 0, 1, 2, etc? Do the breaks get progressively more complex from one folder to the next? Also, if I just put a check in the PopRock box, does that select the sub folders as well, or do I need to check the Hard and Light boxes too? Thanks!
It's a rainy day here in Ohio, so I plan to spend the day with my buddy the artificial drummer!

As far as I can figure it, checking PopRock covers all subfolders but if you (say) just want hard you have to check hard and uncheck PopRock! I can run you through how I tested this if you want but it's 4.14 am here in London and my eyes are closing.

To have a look at the actual loops that are in these folders and sub folders click on the load loop icon 2nd left of the record button in either Rhythm Editor or Rhythm Generator. Strangely enough you'll see that Breaks/Funk/Fast has heaps of loops but of the subfolders 0,1......9, only sub folder 1 has any loops in it. I guess MD is showing us a sort of template for a way of organising things?

........or maybe he's gonna fill them up in the near or distant future! Hehehe. Thanks

Hmmm, can you send me a screenshot? I don't see any 0, 1, ... subfolders. There are loops starting with these names, these are levels, but no folders, and not accessible from the rhythm generator.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Here it is. Hope it's not too big.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

And the folder screen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Breaks > Funk > Fast looks the same, but there are loops in the 1 folder. Nothing in the rest. In the screenshot above, folders 0-1 are empty.

Aaaah!! Interesting!! I didn't even know it was there, because MDrummer keeps it hidden :D. I guess you can just remove it, but I'll probably put the removal to to-do list, so the next update will do that.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Edkilp: You beat me to it (thanks)....when I look at all the single files (not the folders) with intial numbers in brackets going up to 9 (just as the folders go up to 9) I wonder whether the relationship is that in an older version of MD all those singles were in fact in the folders but in an update, which dispensed with the folders and just had all the single files together , these folders were mistakenly left behind? But that doesn't explain why there are still files in just folder 1? And I've just noticed that the singles in folder 1 are duplicates of those of the same names that are loose.
Last edited by goldglob on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I just deleted all the numbered sub-folders, after confirming that the files in folder 1 were indeed duplicated.

Very well then. I don't know why these were left there :o, probably an error :D.
Vojtech

Sub folders are now gone. No problem!

Return to “MeldaProduction”