New Cableguys Curve 2 beta, coupon code

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Curve

EDIT: Thank you all for helping us testing the new code with all kind of Internet configurations! The beta testing is over now and the new updates are online.

Some of our plugins can connect to an online sound library to backup and to share sounds and ratings.

Very rarely some users could not connect to the online library and we guess that it relates to some routers' behavior (if it's not the firewall) .. the kind of bugs that are impossible for us to reproduce on our own systems. Nevertheless we've just changed the way our plugins connect to the online library. To verify that this works perfectly, we need your help!

We hope that the new version is rock-solid, but who knows, maybe it can still fail with a few setups / routers / Internet connections. To find this out, it would be great if many of you can download the new Curve 2 beta version and give it a test.

The beta corresponds to a Curve 2 demo version (that means it is fully functional, but you can only use one instance of Curve per project and you cannot save your own presets with a song - but you can still save them in Curve's library). Note: If you own the full version of Curve, please do not participate and do not install the beta - it would overwrite your full version.

So here are the downloads: ..

Then please go to Curve's library page inside the plugin and click on "Sync". Curve might ask you to register for its online feature if it's the first time that you sync.

The sync will take a few minutes as it'll download 4000+ presets. Afterwards, you should see 165 pages of presets if you set "Selection" in the "Filter" section to "All". Can you let us know if this worked for you, and also if syncing the library worked on first attempt or Curve needed some retries?

If it does not work, this might also relate to Firewall settings. If it does, and if you can change the Firewall to allow the connection, please let us know which Firewall you're running and which setting was necessary to allow the connection (for example with Avira Antivirus Pro "Web Protection" needs to be temporarily disabled while syncing).

If it still does not work, can you let us know which OS you're on, which router you're running, if you're using a proxy, how fast your Internet connection is is and if you've tweaked any Internet settings.

And as a little motivation, we'll send a 30% coupon to everyone who helps us and provides the feedback!

Last edited by Jakob / Cableguys on Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I installed the Cableguys-Curve2.2.5b1-Demo and everything worked fine on the first try! . . :)

I'm on Win7 32bit

So how do i get the 30% coupon? . :wink:

I'd be happy to do a quick test of this but will it mess up my Curve 2 CM edition?
http://drunk3nj3sus.blogspot.com/ < My blog
Free samples, presets, etc.

drunken jesus wrote:I'd be happy to do a quick test of this but will it mess up my Curve 2 CM edition?
nah, the beta (as the regular full version) coexists nicely with curvecm.
it will overwrite regular curve though, if you got that installed...

^Thanks, the demo connected fine for me guessing the issue was just some kinda anti-virus firewall issue.
http://drunk3nj3sus.blogspot.com/ < My blog
Free samples, presets, etc.

drunken jesus wrote:^Thanks, the demo connected fine for me guessing the issue was just some kinda anti-virus firewall issue.
Hey, thanks for testing! I was just about to answer your question above.. so yes, Curve 2 CM and Curve 2 (demo or full) can be installed at the same time, they're working independently of each other.

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
drunken jesus wrote:^Thanks, the demo connected fine for me guessing the issue was just some kinda anti-virus firewall issue.
Hey, thanks for testing! I was just about to answer your question above.. so yes, Curve 2 CM and Curve 2 (demo or full) can be installed at the same time, they're working independently of each other.
Gosh, I worked too much lately - thanks to "phdsg vn chfhn" who already answered that question too!

Slarti wrote:.
I installed the Cableguys-Curve2.2.5b1-Demo and everything worked fine on the first try! . . :)

I'm on Win7 32bit

So how do i get the 30% coupon? . :wink:
Thanks Slarti! Can you send us an email to contact@cableguys.de and let us know which email you used for syncing? We'll send you a coupon code there (or let us know if you want the coupon to another email address).

So it seems the test was worth the effort: For one user the data stream broke. We're currently doing changes, they might need up to a day - we'll let you know when the new version is up!

i have only 30 Pages with presets.
Macbook Pro i7 Retina, OSX 10.9.4, Ableton Live 9.1.4 64bit, 100mBit internet connection, apple airport extreme 802.11ac

EDIT: Sorry, it works! my Filter setting in "Selection" was not set to "all"

btw. where can i get the coupon code?

Works here, see spec in sig.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Sync failed after about 25 minutes with the following error:

"Data from server is corrupt. Please try again or contact Cableguys support.”

I tried restarting sync but keep getting the same error.

Mac OS 10.9.4, 60 Mbps connection, no proxy or firewall
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote:Sync failed after about 25 minutes with the following error:

"Data from server is corrupt. Please try again or contact Cableguys support.”

I tried restarting sync but keep getting the same error.

Mac OS 10.9.4, 60 Mbps connection, no proxy or firewall
Thanks for testing! Yes, I am currently changing some stuff after two users had issues with the first beta - I hope to upload a new beta tomorrow!

Still working OK here!

So I just uploaded a new beta:

Mac: http://www.cableguys.de/downloads/Cable ... mo-Mac.zip
Windows: http://www.cableguys.de/downloads/Cable ... mo-Win.zip

Some things changed, which hopefully will fix issues for the 3 users who had problems before - but might break things for others - so it would be again great if many of you can give it a try (even if you tested beta 1 before)!

Some technical background: some routers have issues with keep-alive connections, if the data comes in small chunks, and we changed the connection handling.

Well, the new change brings a very nice side-effect: Downloading 4000+ presets takes only 10% of the time that it needed before - for me, it's now 2.5 minutes instead of 26 minutes.

Plus, demo and shareware (Curve 2 CM/Curve 2 BE/WaveShaper CM) users are now able to unlock the plugins on several computers with the same email address, as soon as we release the update.

Return to “Instruments”